Multi P1000-3 vs P-10005

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my wife said theres no reason to buy the -5 because i dont have any friends. i also dont like the look of the -5 but i figured id be able to change that by taking out some bolts. brought the beast home took it for about a 20 mile ride then took the rear roll cage off and been running like that ever since. once in a while someone will ride with me and i flip the seats up, should put the cage back on for that but we never do anything crazy for that reason. if we are going to tempt a roll over its front seat occupants only. my 3 dogs ride in the back and love it.

Reactions: toddvdh and TripleB
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ha - my Polaris buddy calls my P1k5 a refrigerator rolling down the trails. I smile and roll with it. Function over form...
They sound a little jealous and refrigerators don't get that hot don't think so.

• Haha
Reactions: toddvdh and TripleB
G

grizzly660fan

Jul 17, 2017
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another perspective to consider, the cage on the Pioneer (either model) is really tall and as wide as the vehicle, if you like tight trails, you will rub it on trees and things like that. the 3 has less roof because it is NOT covering the bed where there are no seats, the 5 goes all the way beyond the rear bed.

We have rash marks all down the Honda plastic roof on my 5 due to rubbing on trees.

Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, wife and I are at a crossroad. We were pretty much set on a base P1000-5, until she saw the P1000-3 Deluxe in blue which she really likes. Both are within a few hundred in price so that isn't a factor. It is just her and I, but we have 1 (soon to be 2) Boxers that will be passengers. We obviously don't need a 5 seater but I guess I'm curious if anyone bought one or the other and wished the would have went with the other. Also I'm taking into consideration is the fact that one is Deluxe and the other is base, a few extra goodies never hurts. Would be fairly easy to fab up a rear cage for netting so dog's can ride in the bed (or being a 3 seater 1 up front). I know there is no correct answer for this but I figured someone had been here and would like to hear what they did.
You have lots of good feedback already. I have the P1000-5 and we love it. The big advantages for dogs are the roof for shade, the nets to keep them in, and one other advantage no one has mentioned. The rear doors on both sides are easy access points for the dogs. Much quicker than opening the tailgate. If my hunting dogs have been running, I can open the rear door behind me without even getting out of the Pioneer so they can load up. And it never hurts to have those popup seats for extra riders. I added the Rad Customs rear seat brackets and some used RZR seat bottoms...what a difference that made for rear passengers! Now people love riding back there...very comfortable and much roomier for taller riders. Link below. I say get the 5 seater...you won't regret.

Okpik031

Okpik031

Nov 28, 2019
Umiujaq Quebec
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The back seats can give a very rough ride on the 5 seater since there’s not much legroom to speak of. But that’s only down side that I’ve seen with it. Mines a red one from 2016. Very reliable and I’m quite happy to have it.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!