P1000-5 Cab heat issue resolved

YumaRick

YumaRick

Nov 29, 2021
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 has had the issue getting a little to warm under the seat. After watching different ideas to address it, I followed a video I seen were the 7" fan was mounted on the outside of the panel. With some measuring, it can be mounted behind the panel on the inside and have plenty of clearances. I bought 2- 5" fans and 1- 7" fan and after testing both, I found the 7" moves more volume through the engine compartment.
The noise level isn't to noticeable when the machine is running. It seems to be getting the heat out and will update as time go's. I wanted to post a few pic's of the install.

Fan mounted inside of panel Fan intake view Fan Clearance 3 in Fan mounted fits under harness IMG 7384

YumaRick

YumaRick

Nov 29, 2021
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After some measuring under the seat where I determined where I could mount it, I removed the floor board that is also a part of the panel. As seen in the pic I did all the mounting and testing before reinstalling the floor and panel with the unit mounted. It fit really nice and I didn't have to move any harness. The large hole lets a lot of air through and the four bolt pattern of the fan keep it rigid. I tried it first with the 7x 2 inch holes but decided it was to restrictive.

Fan Grate

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s pretty good, I only have one concern with that big hole… (Huh Huh Huh Big hole) I’ve had my buggy in water that came up to the top of the seat bottom, not sure how that setup would do… although I’ve got a 9” fan under the seat and when in that deep of water it’s all in that compartment anyway so, you should be ok…

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also check into the Quick Shield, it’s one of the best mods I’ve done.

YumaRick

YumaRick

Nov 29, 2021
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Definitely, I have been looking into the quick-shield also. As the water goes I have a piece of plexiglass that fits (slides) between the grate and panel. It's not 100% seal but should reduce the intrusion. If I find myself testing it I'll report back. I find ourselves dealing with the heat and dust more often than water.

Reactions: Scoop and Rayger143

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!