P1000 p1000 power steering

red1329

red1329

Mar 4, 2021
central il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i search and searched and im not seeing anyone else having my issue.
my tires are factory rims and 27" motohammers. 9"wide up front and 11" rear.

when I'm trail riding and I have to maneuver in a tight spot sometimes the power steering is heavy like its not working at all. then when I get the steering wheel to move a little it starts to work. almost like the sensor that notices I'm moving the steering wheel has slop in it.

it take me to move the first 5% then it will start working and move the rest of the turn I'm trying to make. is there anything i can adjust or do?

its not terrible right now but noticeable. I'm not a small or weak fella either. my wife may struggle. and im about to put 32's on this thing with 4/3 offset making any sort of ground feed back worse.

Reactions: TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If i remember right you have alot of miles on that P1? Im pretty sure the EPS module isnt serviceable? It might be getting ready to meet its maker and time to replace it. Maybe @HondaTech might know more if its actually serviceable?

red1329

red1329

Mar 4, 2021
central il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i sent a private message. hopefully he has something cool to say. id love to be able to get some more miles out of this thing.
i also wonder if i have something else binging up. when i do my a arms im going tp look over the tie rod endd and rack. the ball joints were dry and squaky when i bought the unit and i just injected greese in them with a syringe. so new ball joints may be god.

Reactions: ch33br0h and TxDoc
FoggyMtnBreakdown

FoggyMtnBreakdown

Lifetime Member
Dec 22, 2019
LaGrange, Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you find a fix to this problem? Mine has started doing the same thing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!