P1000 P1K Throttle body Recall.... could this cause the engine to have been sucking dirt or water??

L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone had this done? If the throttle body can come detached, than it could have been sucking unfiltered air all this time. Could this be the cause of blown engines?? Will Honda stand behind an early failure of my rings or valvetrain due to sucking dirt? Seems shady to me????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It’s possible! I would say good luck to you if you are willing to fight them. If you have a good dealer have them back you. They denied my warranty on my 500 just because I had a snorkel. Said that means it’s been in deep water. I said it’s never been In deep and it’s preventative. Guess what they never found dirt or water when they took the engine apart. Wish you luck!

H

HondaTech

You would've known if the throttle body had come out of the engine flange. It would run like total crap, only 1 of the inspections I've done have had to be tightened, and it wasnt off alot. The spec for clamp thread gap is 10mm and this one was maybe 11mm.

This was all related to them actually being blown out and causing fires from fuel being ignited outside the engine.

There are multiple P1Ks out there with too many miles on them to worry imo. I've personally seen 2 that had over 6000 and several more in the 3 - 4k range.

oldtrucks

oldtrucks

Mar 15, 2015
Pinehurst Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I Have 9300 miles on mine. Had the inspection done and found no issues. This has been an extremly reliable machine. I use it almost daily. Its a 2016 5 seat eps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!