P1000 P1K3 or Po Po General

C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I came from the Polaris world. Had 2 Rzr 4's. both had stupid little issues that drove me crazy. I put more ball joints and bushings in the arms on those things than you would believe. I actually never had a belt go out but I smoked it several times. You could smell it. The Polaris definitely has the Honda beat on power and suspension. Just depends what you want. I like riding in my Honda (seat position) more than my Polaris. I ended up putting prp full suspension seats in my Polaris. Then if was comfortable but a huge pain to get in and out of. We own a cattle farm and opening the pro armor doors and climbing in and out was a nightmare. I think Polaris makes a good machine but be prepared to work on it more than you would a Honda. I haven't had a single issue out of my clutches and I'm not shy to beat on it. I've backed up some 30+ degree slopes at our farm and it didn't even slow down. Don't let someone scare you away from the Honda or the Polaris. Go drive both and decide how much you want to spend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nbomar.....just curious to why you went up the 30+ hill backward? Less chance of flip over? I've never done that before. Thanks, Jim

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went down the hills at my farm in the dark thinking there was an entrance into the woods and be in the wrong pocket... have to back up because I didn't want to try and turn around on the hill. I'm guessing at the degree of slope but it is insanely steep...

C

chillout

Nov 26, 2016
Tx
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I went down the hills at my farm in the dark thinking there was an entrance into the woods and be in the wrong pocket... have to back up because I didn't want to try and turn around on the hill. I'm guessing at the degree of slope but it is insanely steep...

That makes sense now. Backwards/steep/in the dark, probably by yourself too, I'll bet all you wanted after that was to just go home.

R

RCorley

Feb 27, 2017
Globe, Az
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm still riding the fence and researching before buying.
A dealer told me the Polaris does not have the heat issue?? W
Several have mentioned the seats getting too hot in the P1K100's. With aftermarket fixes: heat shields and fans to move the hot air out -- or back in during winter months.
Question: Is heat an issue in the 2016's only? i.e., has Honda corrected the cab heat problem in the 2017 models?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Several have mentioned the seats getting too hot in the P1K100's. With aftermarket fixes: heat shields and fans to move the hot air out -- or back in during winter months.
Question: Is heat an issue in the 2016's only? i.e., has Honda corrected the cab heat problem in the 2017 models?
Not likely. I can attest to the fact that the Ranger anyway has no heat through the seat problems.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

They took a small swing at the issue but it's not going to be enough for some. A simple 30$ spent at a bilge blower has made many people happy and an easy fix. There are many things to consider when buying one of these I'll give you that but as easy as the heat is to fix I'd be more concerned with reliability, resale, lack of replacement parts and recalls as far as the average goes.

Reactions: popeye
C

caddyman

Caddyman, WELL... did you get your 1000LE yet?
Work and everything else keeping me busy
To answer your question no. Dealer said at the end of this month. Was supposed to be here at end of February.
Oh well Its not the nicest here so whats another month.
Will keep you all informed

C

caddyman

Same boat as you. I know about the heat under the seat as you do. I decided to take a chance. Based off my research i get mixed feelings about the heat issue. What may be an issue for one guy may not be so much an issue to another. Hoping it isn't a deal breaker for me. I had a few dealers tell me they have not received any complaints about the heat. Call it BS? Possibly but like i said everyone is going to be different as to how they perceive things. All i know is that i didn't want a Polaris and for me Honda was best choice out of all of them all. Like others say they all have issues. It boils down to what you are willing to put up with. If Honda wasn't so stubborn about making the frame longer for multi seater like all others then the engine would be located further back and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Anyway good luck

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wouldn't say Honda is necessarily stubborn about making a short wheel base it's actually a selling point as not to many of us like to try to drive the limos through the woods or hunting/working. But that is why they get hot but not necessary hotter then some others. We drive in 100 deg heat and still haven't fixed the heat but can definitely tell where others have issues. Sure nice in the winter though!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same boat as you. I know about the heat under the seat as you do. I decided to take a chance. Based off my research i get mixed feelings about the heat issue. What may be an issue for one guy may not be so much an issue to another. Hoping it isn't a deal breaker for me. I had a few dealers tell me they have not received any complaints about the heat. Call it BS? Possibly but like i said everyone is going to be different as to how they perceive things. All i know is that i didn't want a Polaris and for me Honda was best choice out of all of them all. Like others say they all have issues. It boils down to what you are willing to put up with. If Honda wasn't so stubborn about making the frame longer for multi seater like all others then the engine would be located further back and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Anyway good luck
The shorter wheel base was my buying point. Needed the extra seats with out the extra long belly to drag over everything. To each there own

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!