500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Well I just got my 500 back from the dealer after 6 weeks. The machine was stalling and not starting up again till it sat for hours or days. The service department said its an engine out job to replace it. Stator was $350 plus $700 in labor. I didn’t think Honda engineers would design something like that. I would hope that the 520 is different but I doubt it.

H

HondaTech

Well I just got my 500 back from the dealer after 6 weeks. The machine was stalling and not starting up again till it sat for hours or days. The service department said its an engine out job to replace it. Stator was $350 plus $700 in labor. I didn’t think Honda engineers would design something like that. I would hope that the 520 is different but I doubt it.

That's just laziness, I could probably do that in the frame, tbh. The service manual says it has to be removed to replace it. But they also say the only way a P700 engine will come out is through the top and ive proven them wrong twice on that. Probably 3 hours at the most, so about $300 for us plus parts.

Atleast they gave you a deal on the stator, our retail shows $408.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
F' those engineers:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!