P500 P500 glove boxes for sale

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Basically set the distance between the black and grey tips on the sharpies the same as the lip around the box.
Then run the black tip up in and around the pattern on the dash where the box should go. (Around the outside of the warning label area). It's easy lines to follow, the dash around the warning label is etched / molded.

The grey line becomes the "cut here" line.

Works like a scribe.

*** But re-MEASURE for yourself BEFORE you cut anything. 6.5" is the widest line you should cut across the bottom. Mine was exactly 6.5.

If 2 sharpies are too wide, sub the black sharpie for a common pencil to shorten that rim length up.

Remember you can always cut a little more, but never add it back.

I wanted to showcase how well Choogin designed the box to fit the layout of the dash. Excellent.

Thank you so much Jshell for the detailed instructions! :) I will be doing that when i install mine! :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thank you so much Jshell for the detailed instructions! :) I will be doing that when i install mine! :)
Don't forget to paint it first MO, outside too to prevent rust, and post pics of the completed project. The utility knife method works, but has potential hazards to oneself and the P5 dash. If you have a dremmel tool in your tool box, I found it works very well also. Good luck!!

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
Don't forget to paint it first MO, outside too to prevent rust, and post pics of the completed project. The utility knife method works, but has potential hazards to oneself and the P5 dash. If you have a dremmel tool in your tool box, I found it works very well also. Good luck!!

Good idea on the dremmel. Thx Monte:)

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
First off , thanks to everyone who had the confidence in me ,to purchase one of the "Choogboxes" (that's the new name for the boxes now) I like it !!

I have 1 more box available and I will be Sold Out. I will be starting on another 25 boxes after Christmas, so these should be available in 3-4 weeks , if you want one !

Again , thanks everyone and you all have a Merry Christmas and be safe out there

Thanks
Joe

Any way you could build a few out of aluminum ? I know welding is a bigger hassle having to TIG them.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
C

Chooglin

Any way you could build a few out of aluminum ? I know welding is a bigger hassle having to TIG them.
I could try it but I would be concerned that the aluminum would Crack or possibly break while bending them !

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I could try it but I would be concerned that the aluminum would Crack or possibly break while bending them !
Keep them how you make them Joe . Very nice job ! box installed . I used a roto zip to cut the dash . If I didnt have under hood storage box the install would have taken15 minutes . Including reinstalling the warning label . P5 GB CLOSE UP P5 GLOVE BOX

doolin64

doolin64

Oct 16, 2014
Arizona / rust / not in the same sentence . Had to have some one send me a picture of rust so I would know what it was .
Haha...! Love the re use of the warning label.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Does the underhood storage box get in the way?
Just makes it easier to attache the nut on the perfectly designed box . I have an emt aluminum box and it is very easy to remove so it was no big deal . I spent more time trying to put the nut on then I did removing the box to do it .

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Keep them how you make them Joe . Very nice job ! box installed . I used a roto zip to cut the dash . If I didnt have under hood storage box the install would have taken15 minutes . Including reinstalling the warning label . View attachment 29184 View attachment 29185

That's definitely a first, never seen anyone do that before. Very original.
I'm looking at that hinge, what the...? Looks much beefier! No problems with mine though.
Pretty sure us first rounders paid a lot less anyway. :D

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Just makes it easier to attache the nut on the perfectly designed box . I have an emt aluminum box and it is very easy to remove so it was no big deal . I spent more time trying to put the nut on then I did removing the box to do it .

I see what you mean. I forgot that you were supposed to attach the underwood storage box lol. I never bolted mine down because I wanted to be able to take it out etc.

gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Got my box on Christmas eve! I got some primer and paint on it today and will hopefully get it installed tomorrow. Thanks again @Chooglin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!