P500 P500 winch mounts and winch

P

Pioneermen

Dec 27, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys new to sxs world, currently baught a 2020 p500. Want a winch and curious on mount's and brand of winch? I live in colorado and do alot or 50 inch plus trails and love mud/snow riding. I am thinking or Champion, Badland/ harbor freight winch. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you!

Reactions: Glock21user
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum. Can't go wrong with the KFI winch mount. Winch brand is whatever your preference or budget will allow. I would recommend at least a 3500 lb though.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
X2 in the KFI mount.
I have run Harbor Freight winches next to Warn and Smittybilt and have not once been let down.
They have been on everything from tag trailers to Excursions and Jeeps.
Just get one that is rated at least 2.5 times your vehicle weight to compensate for side pulls, up hill pulls, weight of gear and additional accessories, drag from mud or sand.
You get the idea, in this case a larger winch is better.
I run a 5000 lbs cap. Badlands with synthetic rope on my P700-4.
Always keep a few clevises and tree savers handy and go forth to unstick the stuck.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi guys new to sxs world, currently baught a 2020 p500. Want a winch and curious on mount's and brand of winch? I live in colorado and do alot or 50 inch plus trails and love mud/snow riding. I am thinking or Champion, Badland/ harbor freight winch. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you!
IMO, for the P5 you can’t beat the Strong Made Bumper. Kills two birds with one stone. Very simple installation, looks good, and is practical.

D83D0530 03AB 4CAD B547 01AADB952BE4

Last edited:
P

Pioneermen

Dec 27, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome, thanks guys can't wait to get it accessorized and hit the trails. On a tight budget and just want something to get me out when stuck and reliable. Also looking into a roof and rear cargo storage for tools, jump box, gas can, ect. Again thanks guys.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
For me and my priorities on the 0700-4 I found it to be a roof and windshield first,
Then a winch and front and rear lights.
Now I am looking at a dual battery setup (I ordered the isolator kit from the site store last night) and a switch panel.
I have read (but need to find it again) that a member on here sells switch panels.
Good luck with your build and post pics, lots of pics.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!