P1000 Paiute Trail

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Guys. Those of you who who have ridden the Paiute Trail in Utah did you have maps and or books that show the entire trail system linking the towns? If so could you share your sources? Looking at putting together a trip for next spring. Thanks

M

Meadows1975

Oct 9, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
scroll down and check out "Similar Threads-Paiute trail"

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Hi Guys. Those of you who who have ridden the Paiute Trail in Utah did you have maps and or books that show the entire trail system linking the towns? If so could you share your sources? Looking at putting together a trip for next spring. Thanks

I bought the one from Amazon. Or they sell them at all the towns that the trail connects with. Price is about the same ev erywhere. Also Avenza Maps has some USGS types and the maaster on their site.

J

JTW

If you’re riding a pioneer 1000 don’t f***ing go there!! It’s all 50” trails. It truly sucks on anything that’s bigger than 50” wide, all you’ll ride are gravel roads.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
If you’re riding a pioneer 1000 don’t f***ing go there!! It’s all 50” trails. It truly sucks on anything that’s bigger than 50” wide, all you’ll ride are gravel roads.
True story

Reactions: Tigermark and JTW
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
If only you had a 500...

Reactions: JTW
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV

JTW...AGAIN you are full of poo!!! The Paiute trail system is over 2600 miles in total and there are less than 600 miles of 50" trails. Don't post things on this forum unless they are true. Don't know what your problem is and don't care - quit acting like a Democrat!

WB

J

JTW

JTW...AGAIN you are full of poo!!! The Paiute trail system is over 2600 miles in total and there are less than 600 miles of 50" trails. Don't post things on this forum unless they are true. Don't know what your problem is and don't care - quit acting like a Democrat!

WB
We were there last year.. it was terrible! There are multiple folks that can confirm! People left early because of it. @Hondasxs @Kilo427 @Tigermark @JCMINIS

advertisement
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you bump your head?
I believe that I read that somewhere around 20% of the trail system is 50"
I bought the one from Amazon. Or they sell them at all the towns that the trail connects with. Price is about the same ev erywhere. Also Avenza Maps has some USGS types and the maaster on their site.
Thanks Bill. I have contact info of the organization in Marysvale that puts on the rally each year, I'll get ahold of them.

J

JTW

I believe that I read that somewhere around 20% of the trail system is 50"

Thanks Bill. I have contact info of the organization in Marysvale that puts on the rally each year, I'll get ahold of them.
And what’s not 50” restricted are dirt & gravel roads. Might be your type of riding... but I was less than impressed with Marysvale. I don’t consider “trails” you can drive a Prius down as trails. And that’s exactly where the 2600 miles of “trails” comes from. I don’t give a s*** what anybody tells you, but you can take it to the bank if you’re on a p1000 you’ll be riding A LOT of gravel! I just don’t want people to expect one thing and it be what we experienced. I would suggest Taylor’s Park Co much above marysvale. It was far prettier and the trails (while not technical) were still much much better than marysvale. Moab is still my top pick for a diversity of trails from mountains to canyons with any type of technical challenge you want.

J

JTW

Who are you, and what did you do with @JTW ?
Lol.. it would have probably been a cool place to take 4 wheelers or dirt bikes. But I would have much rather been in a Jeep in marysvale as the size restrictions kill the “good” riding.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

You were there what 72 hours and this is your definitive in depth assessment of all 3 million acres and 2600 miles of the Paiute trail system? CNN & MSNBC are looking for people offering your level of opinion vs. facts. :p

Granted there is a ton of gravel roads but that's how 3 million acres gets connected vs 30,000 acre trail systems you are used to riding on.

Reactions: Plumber32
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Nah we did sit down and talk to locals that had lived in the town since birth though if that counts for much. Not saying it isn’t pretty I am saying it’s pretty boring in my opinion. Others opinions may vary and if that kind of riding is fun to you well that’s cool to. I mean LEs have to drive somewhere right!?

J

JTW

Nah we did sit down and talk to locals that had lived in the town since birth though if that counts for much. Not saying it isn’t pretty I am saying it’s pretty boring in my opinion. Others opinions may vary and if that kind of riding is fun to you well that’s cool to. I mean LEs have to drive somewhere right!?
Lol.. exactly. I’m sure the hunters, Jeep guy and sheriffs deputy have no idea what the area is like. Different strokes for different folks but when the majority of riders we saw were over the age of 65. That’s a pretty good indication that it’s not too extreme. Even the the local guy that lead the group rides admitted what we rode was typical for the “trail” system. I just find it funny that people want to dispute that this isn’t the best system for our size machines. The Paiute system was setup for small ATV’s not large side by sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cuoutdoors
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I totally ripped this off from another thread, but it so fits here (until one of the mods deletes is ).

75DEA24A 5EC5 40A8 B172 AC653387B511

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!