P1000 Paiute Trail

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
You were there what 72 hours and this is your definitive in depth assessment of all 3 million acres and 2600 miles of the Paiute trail system? CNN & MSNBC are looking for people offering your level of opinion vs. facts. :p

Granted there is a ton of gravel roads but that's how 3 million acres gets connected vs 30,000 acre trail systems you are used to riding on.

Or you could take your 1000 down the 50" trails, that would make them more challenging for you, right Bob?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
And what’s not 50” restricted are dirt & gravel roads. Might be your type of riding... but I was less than impressed with Marysvale. I don’t consider “trails” you can drive a Prius down as trails. And that’s exactly where the 2600 miles of “trails” comes from. I don’t give a s*** what anybody tells you, but you can take it to the bank if you’re on a p1000 you’ll be riding A LOT of gravel! I just don’t want people to expect one thing and it be what we experienced. I would suggest Taylor’s Park Co much above marysvale. It was far prettier and the trails (while not technical) were still much much better than marysvale. Moab is still my top pick for a diversity of trails from mountains to canyons with any type of technical challenge you want.
I would not travel 1 mile to ride on any type of road, grave or dirt...... much less 1000 miles.

J

JTW

I would not travel 1 mile to ride on any type of road, grave or dirt...... much less 1000 miles.
That’s my point... I’d hate for people to expect one thing, then get there and find out it’s a complete other. If that’s the type riding you like... by all means, have at it. But let’s not make it out to be what it’s not. And as I recall, we were forewarned not to venture on the 50” trail as they ticket unmercifully... as well as having gates you just couldn’t get through.

Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Thanks Jackal that is a great write up and will take me a bit to get through. Just the kind of info that I was looking for. Panguitch looks like it could be cool also.

And what’s not 50” restricted are dirt & gravel roads. Might be your type of riding... but I was less than impressed with Marysvale. I don’t consider “trails” you can drive a Prius down as trails. And that’s exactly where the 2600 miles of “trails” comes from. I don’t give a s*** what anybody tells you, but you can take it to the bank if you’re on a p1000 you’ll be riding A LOT of gravel! I just don’t want people to expect one thing and it be what we experienced. I would suggest Taylor’s Park Co much above marysvale. It was far prettier and the trails (while not technical) were still much much better than marysvale. Moab is still my top pick for a diversity of trails from mountains to canyons with any type of technical challenge you want.

JTW your sounding a lot like.. well JTW! It would be near impossible to have a 2 track trail system that covers as much area as the Paiute Trail and not have to ride on some roads. Yes I understand that there are more roads than 64" trails but I've never been there before so its going to be all new. To your point I personally was hoping that it was all paved with a 7-11 each mile or so that way my machine would never get dirty and I would not have to carry a cooler. Even better if all of the Deer and Elk were gone so that I didn't get poop on my tires. I appreciate your passion though. Thanks for the CO suggestion.

Reactions: ohanacreek and lee
J

JTW

JTW your sounding a lot like.. well JTW! It would be near impossible to have a 2 track trail system that covers as much area as the Paiute Trail and not have to ride on some roads. Yes I understand that there are more roads than 64" trails but I've never been there before so its going to be all new. To your point I personally was hoping that it was all paved with a 7-11 each mile or so that way my machine would never get dirty and I would not have to carry a cooler. Even better if all of the Deer and Elk were gone so that I didn't get poop on my tires. I appreciate your passion though. Thanks for the CO suggestion.
Well, that was a very tactful way of saying fu€k off. I give you that.

And I agree, you can’t have a trail system in the west without having to do some road riding to access it. I get that. But on a pioneer 1000 you’ll do more road riding than trail riding out there. Just be aware going into it. If you have a 4 wheeler, I’d take it!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts after.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member

And I agree, you can’t have a trail system in the west without having to do some road riding to access it. I get that. But on a pioneer 1000 you’ll do more road riding than trail riding out there. Just be aware going into it. If you have a 4 wheeler, I’d take it!

Hey, you tried brother! Folks need to do their own do diligence. If Honda made an LE 500 that would be perfect for that area.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks Jackal that is a great write up and will take me a bit to get through. Just the kind of info that I was looking for. Panguitch looks like it could be cool also.

Well... I hope that your experience ends up well in line with what your expectations are going into it. If that happens we shall call it a success regardless of the difficulty of trails you ride.
BUT!..... if you find your expectations to be askew...there may be some folks anxious and ready to say "I told you so"!. I wish you luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I'll give some input.

If you are looking for a good leisurely ride then Marysvale is the perfect spot. Perfect place to being a family and cruise the trails without having to worry about getting into a bind. Trails are very clear and easily traveled with rest stops placed around at different sections. Towns have ohv friendly routes all over. A stock machine will have no issues at all making it anywhere.

Now for those other guys that like a little challange. I do agree and suggest looking elsewhere as we struggled to find a spot that even required us to switch out of turf mode. Was this an problem. No, just didnt satisfy our urge of a challange place to conquer.

Is Marysvale a pointless place to go.
NO, IT'S NOT. The views were great with lots of trails to venture. Will I return? Maybe, but it will be on a 50" oe atv so I can make some of the more exclusive routes.

To end my input.
I thank everyone for joining us last year. It was my first adventure to the west and I did enjoy it alot. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

J

JTW

I'll give some input.

If you are looking for a good leisurely ride then Marysvale is the perfect spot. Perfect place to being a family and cruise the trails without having to worry about getting into a bind. Trails are very clear and easily traveled with rest stops placed around at different sections. Towns have ohv friendly routes all over. A stock machine will have no issues at all making it anywhere.

Now for those other guys that like a little challange. I do agree and suggest looking elsewhere as we struggled to find a spot that even required us to switch out of turf mode. Was this an problem. No, just didnt satisfy our urge of a challange place to conquer.

Is Marysvale a pointless place to go.
NO, IT'S NOT. The views were great with lots of trails to venture. Will I return? Maybe, but it will be on a 50" oe atv so I can make some of the more exclusive routes.

To end my input.
I thank everyone for joining us last year. It was my first adventure to the west and I did enjoy it alot. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You’re WRONG!! It was a fantastic place to ride.. what, with all that “rock crawling” and all!

Reactions: stellarpod
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Not an F off at all. More a frustration. I appreciate your your effort to give me a heads up. But not all riding is about the hardest, dirtiest, wettest.struggle to go where most don't ( we do that) sometimes. Other times its about going somewhere that you have never been, seeing new things, making new memories and having fun with friends. Maybe after we get back my attitude will be the same as yours. But I first have to check it out for myself to know.

J

JTW

Not an F off at all. More a frustration. I appreciate your your effort to give me a heads up. But not all riding is about the hardest, dirtiest, wettest.struggle to go where most don't ( we do that) sometimes. Other times its about going somewhere that you have never been, seeing new things, making new memories and having fun with friends. Maybe after we get back my attitude will be the same as yours. But I first have to check it out for myself to know.
Oh I don't disagree.. that’s what Taylor’s Park was!! But good luck! I hope you all love it!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!