P500 Parking Brake Problem

B

blackwidow

Jan 23, 2016
United States
My parking brake quit working today, and I noticed that I had lost the "adjuster" nut from the bottom of the bolt that goes through the joint on the brake arm. I added another nut that "fit" the bolt, but got stuck up in the apparatus where the joint is, so for now I can't adjust the bolt. That's a problem I can work with, but the parking brake lever doesn't stay in the "down" position when I release the brake. Also, the Parking Brake light remains on because the lever isn't staying down. Is the lever not remaining down because I don't have the adjusting nut screwed up (tight) enough to cause the return spring to work? And yes, as far as I can tell, the return spring is in it's proper position. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Reactions: PabloGatorade

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!