P1000 Parking Brake

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone tried adding a REAL parking brake to the Honda Pioneer 1000? Note that I'm talking about a cable actuated parking brake, one that provides mechanical redundancy, unlike the the cheap addons that rely on the existing hydraulic brakes. Bust a brake line while parked on a hill, and it's a very bad day.

Parts are readily available, so adding a mechanical parking brake shouldn't be too difficult, except for the calipers themselves. The existing brake calipers could be replaced with combination parking brake calipers, if suitable brake calipers could be located that fit the existing mounts, even if they use different pads. Separate parking brake calipers could be added, but it would be much more complicated because custom mounts would have to be fabricated.

View attachment 212132
Do you see a great need for this?

Reactions: GPR1500SC
J

Jbo502

Supporting Member
Nov 23, 2020
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Snuff did... but if you have an updated master cylinder your “cheap add ons” work great. The new master cylinders are dual meaning you have separate front and rear breaks.
Which year started “updated master cylinder”?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Which year started “updated master cylinder”?
Dude, this thread is over a year old. That guy hasnt been on here in about that time as well. Start a new thread for your question to get your answer.

D

Dasmoeturhead

I don't know how I've survived without being run over and crushed during one of the 1000 times I've parked on a steep incline wirh my single master brake reservoir and no parking brake on my 16 PK3. JEEZ !
I now have the Hillbilly Brake, and it works.

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anybody ever tell you that you're great with words?
Anybody tell you to read dates on posts? Lmao. Just Messin with you man.
only wanted to get your answer quicker for you, he didnt respond right? cuz the person u quoted isn't on here anymore. ;)

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anybody ever tell you that you're great with words?
Maybe read through this as your question is answered multiple times in this thread.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!