P1000 Parking Lock System

dirtsquirter

dirtsquirter

Feb 17, 2019
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi All,
I just received my service manual and was checking out the section on maintenance when I ran across a paragraph with this title. I had previously read on this forum of the lack of a parking brake on this machine. Could this be it? It says, and I quote - "Set the shift lever to P position and the drive mode select lever to "turf" position. Check that the transmission is locked (the vehicle can't be moved) and the rear differential is locked (the rear differential lock arm is not pulled) Adjust the shift and rear differential lock cables if necessary." It then tells you which section to turn to for adjustments of these cables. I have to be totally honest here, -49 below zero today in the wind - and we have been in the sub zero arctic freeze for weeks, I haven't even had a chance to look at my machine! I will look closely at this when I get a chance, but figured you guys that have been riding can maybe benefit from this info - would love to hear what you think. I have 2 miles on my machine and spring isn't anywhere in sight yet! Please take a blast out for me!

Reactions: sharp
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks for the note.
What you are referencing is the internal engine parking lock system. It is in the sub transmission.

This operates the same concept as putting your automatic car in park. Yet with your car you also have a parking brake or "E" brake.

Where the Pioneer 1000 does not.

Hope that clarifies things about the request and mentions you have read.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp, BWAF and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!