P1000 Part I.d./ error code help please

M

Mk20Niner

May 17, 2017
S. Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off a big thank you to all who participate, offering helpful advice in the forum here. Your experience and willingness to help others is very much appreciated!
2016 1000-5
Ok, So i kicked up a tree branch and it felt like the machine dropped into neutral, losing acceleration. I stopped, restarted and was in limp mode. "2" blinking, 4 slow 7 fast with engine running. I made it back to camp, about 2 miles and when i got close the oil light came on also. The temp. stayed normal. I spent yesterday scouring the forums and couldn't find anything on that specific code. This morning I disconnected battery to see if code would come back up after reconnecting. With battery still disconnected I started checking wires and connections, following the advice of similar threads. Eventually, while looking under sub tranny I came across this part that appears to have a crack. Can anyone please 1) help me to identify this part, 2) tell me if 47 error code is related, 3) offer other helpful advice and weather this would be something covered by warrantee. I wasn't able to upload .mov vid of dash code here but was able to in 1k media. sorry mods if wrong
Thank you again in advance Gentleman!

IMG 0453 IMG 0455

Last edited:
M

Mk20Niner

May 17, 2017
S. Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off a big thank you to all who participate, offering helpful advice in the forum here. Your experience and willingness to help others is very much appreciated!
2016 1000-5
Ok, So i kicked up a tree branch and it felt like the machine dropped into neutral, losing acceleration. I stopped, restarted and was in limp mode. "2" blinking, 4 slow 7 fast with engine running. I made it back to camp, about 2 miles and when i got close the oil light came on also. The temp. stayed normal. I spent yesterday scouring the forums and couldn't find anything on that specific code. This morning I disconnected battery to see if code would come back up after reconnecting. With battery still disconnected I started checking wires and connections, following the advice of similar threads. Eventually, while looking under sub tranny I came across this part that appears to have a crack. Can anyone please 1) help me to identify this part, 2) tell me if 47 error code is related, 3) offer other helpful advice and weather this would be something covered by warrantee. I wasn't able to upload .mov vid of dash code here but was able to in 1k media. sorry mods if wrong
Thank you again in advance Gentleman!

View attachment 64020 View attachment 64021
OOh, found a pic. Clutch EOP Sensor- that means clutch oil pressure sensor, right? seems like that adds up. FYI for anyone with similar symptoms. The rubber boot cover was covering the crack and It was not obvious there was damage til i pulled back the cover to look. I got lucky

Last edited:
M

Mk20Niner

May 17, 2017
S. Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OOh, found a pic. Clutch EOP Sensor- that means clutch oil pressure sensor, right? seems like that adds up. FYI for anyone with similar symptoms. The rubber boot cover was covering the crack and It was not obvious there was damage til i pulled back the cover to look. I got lucky
dealer wasn't able to tell me if clutch EOP sensor would b covered by warrantee over phone and without looking at it so i decided to just go ahead and order the part to save time. I'm gonna have them look at it next week to do the clutch update anyway and will ask if they'll just throw the new sensor in while they're in it. Looks like sensor removal is part of clutch update anyway. -will keep posted. .....still no imput??? Im still wondering what that code is and if I've actually found the problem. If anyone of u guys with a shop manual wouldn't mind, I'd sure appreciate it!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
dealer wasn't able to tell me if clutch EOP sensor would b covered by warrantee over phone and without looking at it so i decided to just go ahead and order the part to save time. I'm gonna have them look at it next week to do the clutch update anyway and will ask if they'll just throw the new sensor in while they're in it. Looks like sensor removal is part of clutch update anyway. -will keep posted. .....still no imput??? Im still wondering what that code is and if I've actually found the problem. If anyone of u guys with a shop manual wouldn't mind, I'd sure appreciate it!

Yes sensor removal is part of it so it wouldn't be a big deal for them to throw it on when doing the update.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!