P1000 PBR windshield extenders

IA-AJB

IA-AJB

Dec 5, 2020
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is anyone running these? I have been looking at them but I was wondering if the windshield will bounce more from being opened up farther? Has any one had any other problems with them?
Thanks!!

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Is anyone running these? I have been looking at them but I was wondering if the windshield will bounce more from being opened up farther? Has any one had any other problems with them?
Thanks!!
At highway speeds ya they do bounce /vibrate a little more but it’s not enough to make me say it isn’t worth it. Adds about 5 inches of travel on the windshield.

292699F4 B97E 4DD5 BE2B 3C9CD30303BE 0D6E6461 1E74 490A 9F73 108590318312 085F277D 9A96 425C B8AB 88B7786731C5

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will not fit the '21 P1000-5 SE

I bought them a few weeks ago, back when their add said they fit the P1000-5 - and did not exclude the SE model. They have now changed their ad, I guess based on my experience. The slide brackets on the SE's original OEM windshield, fit and operate properly. The PBR brackets claimed a significantly wider opening (in the original ad), but when I installed the PBR brackets they gave no more than 1/4" more the "SE" brackets. That and they did not fit well, conflicting with the pax side hand hold. I brought this to their attention and returned the product per their instructions. They gave me a refund . . . except for the $7.20 shipping charge which they refused to refund.

Cons: Upper pivot hole not round and oversize/loose. The cutting of both holes and slots looks to be done by water jet. And although water jet can do some nice work, the parts had identical imperfections in the slots and in the holes on each piece, as if the "master" or programming were glitched. None of these little bumps and ridges prevent operation, - though there was enough slack in the outer pivot hole that it would likely result in rattle and wear. I was able to easily make a plastic sleeve bushing out of some thin wall plastic tubing to achieve a nice fit on the pivot.

Pros: Reasonable price.

Reactions: Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stuck them on my 1000 this spring and thought they worked better then stock. The center of the windshield does flex more at a pretty aggressive speed but I usually run about 20mph so I don't believe it will be a problem. I watched the youtube video for the install but had to change how they had their bushings installed to get mine on correctly. I think it will be nicer for warmer spring and fall riding but we usually take our top section off in the summer so I don't have much seat time behind it so far. I believe the new honda windshields have longer extenders to accomplish the same thing the PBR extensions are doing.

IA-AJB

IA-AJB

Dec 5, 2020
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ran them this weekend at Rush Springs Loved the air flow & the extra visibility didn't hit the speeds I hit at home but loved them.

GoinForARip

GoinForARip

Jan 2, 2021
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all! Would anyone be able to tell me if these extenders would work for the Honda OEM split windshield for the 1000-5? I was a bit disappointed with how far it opens and was hoping there would be something out there to rectify. Thank you 👍🍻

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all! Would anyone be able to tell me if these extenders would work for the Honda OEM split windshield for the 1000-5? I was a bit disappointed with how far it opens and was hoping there would be something out there to rectify. Thank you 👍🍻
If your OEM is the same OEM they are putting on the '21 1000-5 SE, as I mentioned above in post #5, then no improvement - in fact the parts are a bit inferior (though certainly workable).

How far does your windshield open? Measure from the top of the bottom section to the bottom of the top section when fully open. My OEM opens (guessing 'cause I'm tired and don't want to go measure) that's about 10 inches of so. A good breeze comes in when it's open.

Reactions: GoinForARip
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I’m using them on a 19 1000-3. Same windshield on the 3s and 5s.

advertisement
GoinForARip

GoinForARip

Jan 2, 2021
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If your OEM is the same OEM they are putting on the '21 1000-5 SE, as I mentioned above in post #5, then no improvement - in fact the parts are a bit inferior (though certainly workable).

How far does your windshield open? Measure from the top of the bottom section to the bottom of the top section when fully open. My OEM opens (guessing 'cause I'm tired and don't want to go measure) that's about 10 inches of so. A good breeze comes in when it's open.
I get about 5” so sounds like the extenders double the length, thank you very much!

Reactions: Smitty335
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m using them on a 19 1000-3. Same windshield on the 3s and 5s.
There is 2 different spilt windshields on the pioneers. PBR extensions specifically says it won't work with 1 of them. I got these extensions for my nephew's rig a couple of months ago and they don't work correctly on his windshield. They won't allow it to open the full length of the extensions. He used them anyways because it will open further than before.
Screenshot 20210908 120913 DuckDuckGo
Screenshot 20210908 120753 DuckDuckGo

GoinForARip

GoinForARip

Jan 2, 2021
British Columbia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is 2 different spilt windshields on the pioneers. PBR extensions specifically says it won't work with 1 of them. I got these extensions for my nephew's rig a couple of months ago and they don't work correctly on his windshield. They won't allow it to open the full length of the extensions. He used them anyways because it will open further than before.
View attachment 293993View attachment 293994
Thank you very much!

Reactions: TripleB and Lady01
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had them on my 700, they worked well. I put the SATV flip up on my 1000 so didn’t need them again. PBR is a pretty good company, I’ve bought several things from them and they are down the road from me.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 293993View attachment 293994

Note that their eBay ad *did not* include the above info about not fitting the SE until *after* I purchased and subsequently returned the "extenders". Their ad was, no doubt, changed due to my input. I still thought it was a bit cheesy that they did not refund all my money. I called and let them know as much and I did so "pleasantly". As such, I would not do business with them or recommend them in the future.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!