Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Here's a question for the 500 group...
Noticed on the group ride that @Remington had some tow hook/D ring shackles on the front of his P1k. Got me thinking, if I were needing a pull out or if I used a snatch block and came back to the machine, where would I hook to? I haven't been stuck yet and could probably wrap a strap around the frame verticals in the back but what are you guys doing in the front? Maybe a D shackle through the plow pivot hole? Has anyone mounted a permanent tow hook on a P5? I'd just like to be prepared if the event presented itself.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
02c5eb60dfc39902b12ef31e5946ab08

Likes these he says!

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

D

Deleted member 3748

You could attach your winch line to the factory front bumper. I attached a tow hook to the back of my P5. You could also connect to that with your winch line if you went underneath your rig. Just one more reason to get the Moose receiver. :) I suppose you don't need the Moose receiver since I put the hook in the factory receiver.

WP 20170612 22 06 37 Pro

jphunter55

jphunter55

May 7, 2017
Indian River County, Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 2954 Added a front receiver hitch.
Noticed on the group ride that @Remington had some tow hook/D ring shackles on the front of his P1k. Got me thinking, if I were needing a pull out or if I used a snatch block and came back to the machine, where would I hook to? I haven't been stuck yet and could probably wrap a strap around the frame verticals in the back but what are you guys doing in the front? Maybe a D shackle through the plow pivot hole? Has anyone mounted a permanent tow hook on a P5? I'd just like to be prepared if the event presented itself.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 46215 Added a front receiver hitch.

That's what I'm talking about Remmy, I never said anything but noticed them right away.
I can't do that receiver idea with the skid plate I put on. Wouldn't want to just wrap around it with a strap either, don't know how much pulling that could take. Seems as if no one has really addressed it other than adding a receiver. I think I'm going with the shackle through the plow pivot hole idea, just have to measure and get the correct diameter. Thanks for the links Piston! No matter how hard I search I probably won't find a BA orange one, guess I'll have to go black. ;)
Thanks guys!
Ironside front

D

Deleted member 3748

I'll go out in the garage right now and see if mine fits in the front. You have the KFI plow mounts, right?

Update: It didn't fit. The shackle isn't wide enough and the diameter of the pin is too small. I measured the hole and it's a weird size. Slightly larger than 5/8" according to my micrometer.

Last edited by a moderator:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'll go out in the garage right now and see if mine fits in the front. You have the KFI plow mounts, right?

Update: It didn't fit. The shackle isn't wide enough and the diameter of the pin is too small. I measured the hole and it's a weird size. Slightly larger than 5/8" according to my micrometer.

Wonder if they make shackles with a 5/8" pin? I guess 1/2" would do in a pinch but...

Reactions: rocmar
D

Deleted member 3748

They make them with a 5/8" pin but I can't find one on Amazon that tells me if the spread (where the pin connects) is greater than 1". It needs to be a tiny bit wider than 1".

Reactions: trigger
advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Have ya ever seen...a collar
..on a goat.
no problem with the goat
...getting stuck...or broke down...
with winch...& knowing my skills
....recovery hooks..
BAD KARMA...
HAHA.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
P5...always gets home...
on here..broke down...P5
very rare...no digs at anyone..
...those who have been..
broke down..
low PSI...tire leaves rim...
Clogged radiator. ..
others....?
Can't recall a major mechanical
problem. ..on the P5...
If anyone knows of any...
please chime in....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's what I'm talking about Remmy, I never said anything but noticed them right away.
I can't do that receiver idea with the skid plate I put on. Wouldn't want to just wrap around it with a strap either, don't know how much pulling that could take. Seems as if no one has really addressed it other than adding a receiver. I think I'm going with the shackle through the plow pivot hole idea, just have to measure and get the correct diameter. Thanks for the links Piston! No matter how hard I search I probably won't find a BA orange one, guess I'll have to go black. ;)
Thanks guys!
View attachment 46234

NOTHING...BUT BADASS....HUH

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
No group ride pics..
you guys should of...
LINED UM UP....
that would of been...
again....
NOTHING BUT....BADASS.

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wonder if they make shackles with a 5/8" pin? I guess 1/2" would do in a pinch but...

Family farm and home has a docent selection of shackles, there galvanized might want to check there. Also, you could use the ones I have and bolt them to your skid plate if it's metal and not plastic.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

D

Deleted member 3748

P5...always gets home...
on here..broke down...P5
very rare...no digs at anyone..
...those who have been..
broke down..
low PSI...tire leaves rim...
Clogged radiator. ..
others....?
Can't recall a major mechanical
problem. ..on the P5...
If anyone knows of any...
please chime in....

We need shackles to pull other people out. The rear shackle I have would also work for the mud bog I chickened out of last year. You have to hook up to the tractor before you start and the odds of me making it to the end were 1%.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!