rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
We need shackles to pull other people out. The rear shackle I have would also work for the mud bog I chickened out of last year. You have to hook up to the tractor before you start and the odds of me making it to the end were 1%.
HaHa...
turn on the video...
& double drag..there ass

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You're a bad influence Remmy, lol! Just ordered those Cabela's Tire Tite system for the trailer like you have. BA, no more messing with the straps. ;)

Dam straight brother!
You'll like be them, there BA

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@trigger, Your also a bad influence on me! Got to keep up with little brother machine. lol ordered my stickers yesterday that I showed you :)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lol, I guess ordering D rings and tire straps isn't as expensive as ordering a P1k...yet! o_O

Wait till I order my shocks! Yikes....

D

Deleted member 3748

You're a bad influence Remmy, lol! Just ordered those Cabela's Tire Tite system for the trailer like you have. BA, no more messing with the straps. ;)
I don't pay enough attention on these rides. I missed all this stuff!

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

These guys on the front tires! He noticed them when we loaded up to leave Saturday. Bd1e9f0a967ae755a454df5786855131

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I notice everything and think I have to have it too, it's a curse! Stopped by TSC on the way home today and checked out their D ring shackles. They had one that had a 5/8" pin and a 7/8" spread. Looked like it was just steel, not galvanized. They only had one though so I figured I'd keep looking around and also wait to see how yours turn out.

D

Deleted member 3748

Here they are and they're a little too small.

WP 20170616 18 47 56 Pro

If I had the ability to apply heat this could have been better. I pried and beat the s*** out of it instead. It bends pretty easily.

WP 20170616 18 59 31 Pro

It's important to keep the hole with the threads aligned with the hole without the threads. I wasn't able to get them aligned but I got them close enough to get the bolt back in there. One problem with mounting them in this location is you can't torque the bolt down because you'll squeeze the plow mount tabs together. I put loctite blue on the threads and torqued them enough so they still swing freely.

WP 20170616 18 59 31 Pro2

WP 20170616 19 00 36 Pro 1

D

Deleted member 3748

Now that I'm looking at this pic, if you were to get one like @Remington 's you could bolt it in the middle of the mounting plate.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Now that I'm looking at this pic, if you were to get one like @Remington 's you could bolt it in the middle of the mounting plate.

That's what I was thinking. But you still did a nice job my friend! You improvised adapted on that idea. Looks good

D

Deleted member 3748

That's what I was thinking. But you still did a nice job my friend! You improvised adapted on that idea. Looks good

Thanks. I may still add your style to the plate. I can use these for something else.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Here they are and they're a little too small.

View attachment 46576

If I had the ability to apply heat this could have been better. I pried and beat the s*** out of it instead. It bends pretty easily.

View attachment 46577

It's important to keep the hole with the threads aligned with the hole without the threads. I wasn't able to get them aligned but I got them close enough to get the bolt back in there. One problem with mounting them in this location is you can't torque the bolt down because you'll squeeze the plow mount tabs together. I put loctite blue on the threads and torqued them enough so they still swing freely.

View attachment 46578

View attachment 46579

I've been looking around a bit, found some at Menards that have a 5/8" pin but only 13/16" between the eyes. If you think about it, they could be spread apart and just use a longer hex head bolt through it to get a better thread bite. My plan was just carry them with me and hook one up if I needed to, wouldn't want those to grab something going down the trail. Looks like they hang low.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!