Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Early fathers day gift to me. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow if it's not pouring, besides grilling steaks.
Btw, frickin' hardware costs almost as much as the main items. Found grade 8 bolts but they didn't have washers or nylock nuts so I went stainless. Bought a fat shackle for the tree saver hook up.
Remmy, did you use washers under the heads of the bolts that go through the brackets on the Tire Tite? They don't show doing that on the video but...?
Tire tite

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Mounted a hook to the right of winch on Strongmade bumper, hitch ball on rear.

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Early fathers day gift to me. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow if it's not pouring, besides grilling steaks.
Btw, frickin' hardware costs almost as much as the main items. Found grade 8 bolts but they didn't have washers or nylock nuts so I went stainless. Bought a fat shackle for the tree saver hook up.
Remmy, did you use washers under the heads of the bolts that go through the brackets on the Tire Tite? They don't show doing that on the video but...?
View attachment 46645

I put them on the bottom. Bolts on top2239db1f7c81c3acc9a6ecbc3f19c3c39b4b72fce30ec2333641394b4d106473

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Reactions: Jshell3 and trigger
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@trigger, trust me...all that work and the money spent is worth every penny. You won't go threw straps at all and the security and virtually worry free stability is awesome

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger, trust me...all that work and the money spent is worth every penny. You won't go threw straps at all and the security and virtually worry free stability is awesome

Oh I believe that, that's why I did it. When we were leaving the group ride you were hooked up and ready to go pretty quick. I see you had to go with different nylon nuts too, I couldn't find them in the grade 8, probably don't even make them. I did go with 1 1/4" fender washers for underneath. I also read in the instructions that they recommend lock washers and nylock nuts, I plan to use both.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Oh I believe that, that's why I did it. When we were leaving the group ride you were hooked up and ready to go pretty quick. I see you had to go with different nylon nuts too, I couldn't find them in the grade 8, probably don't even make them. I did go with 1 1/4" fender washers for underneath. I also read in the instructions that they recommend lock washers and nylock nuts, I plan to use both.

That should work pretty good should be OK. I just went with what I had just from experience with stuff like that. Lock washers and standard nuts would probably be just fine being that you're sinking that into the woods a little bit. As long as it's good and tight it's not gonna pull through the wood and it's also not going to come loose.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've seen them but wondered how much weight they would take. I guess it makes sense as I have a synthetic line on my winch anyway.
I have one I've used on my truck and for pulling folks out of the sand who have few places to attach to.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great to attach to rock sliders too.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Alot of exposed places on the p5
frame...to hook too...buddies
wildcat had them..they clanged..
Plus hung low..on a already low
machine...straps & ball hitch..for me

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Plenty of ways to rig to the back but not too many places to hook to in the front. See post #7.
Yeah..I'm aware
...I own one too....
Same color as well..
haha

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Smallest UTV ..in the fleet.
short wheelbase...lack of weight ..not
a rescue veichle. ..that's my two cents

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Well I ended up going with two of them, one on either side of the winch and bolted through the steel on the backside. They are under paint now and were still tacky so I'll just wait to put them on. I'll take pics after and post them.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Smallest UTV ..in the fleet.
short wheelbase...lack of weight ..not
a rescue veichle. ..that's my two cents

I'm more concerned with being rescued than rescuing someone else. If you use a snatch block and come back to the machine with your winch hook, there's nothing there to hook on. I suppose you could wrap around something and rig to your winch cable but...not ideal.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!