Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Spreading them apart was easy. Getting the holes re-aligned took some beating.

I've also seen some of them that just take a pin and cotter key. I'd like to permanently mount one but I'm not drilling into that skid plate that I made. If we had the Strong Made bumper it would be easy.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
They give the pin diameter but not the spread between the eyes. I've found exactly what we need but they are custom made and want like $50 per shackle.
Wow, they are Polaris accsy. proud of them. If the inside spread is close could you not file or grind away just enough material on the insides to open the spread for a custom fit? Never tinkered with them much.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, they are Polaris accsy. proud of them. If the inside spread is close could you not file or grind away just enough material on the insides to open the spread for a custom fit? Never tinkered with them much.

Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of! Wouldn't take much grinding either, I just might try that. Thanks Jackal.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Now there's an idea I hadn't thought of! Wouldn't take much grinding either, I just might try that. Thanks Jackal.
I studied to be a rocket surgeon, but all the lot lizards hung out at truck stops so gotta follow the heart no matter how shallow it is. :D

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

Yes, you could grind or file the material away. But when you get all excited you use a hammer and a vise!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yes, you could grind or file the material away. But when you get all excited you use a hammer and a vise!
50063340aedcb427c3737b9f531cb2c8

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

A little of both would work I think. Might fiddle with it this weekend but just got an email that my Tire Tite system is ready for pick up at Cabela's. ;)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A little of both would work I think. Might fiddle with it this weekend but just got an email that my Tire Tite system is ready for pick up at Cabela's. ;)

Woot woot! When you pic it up, measure the thickness of your deck boards, take the plates out and stop at the hardware store and get some grade 8 bolts washers and lock nuts to fasten them down.

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Now that I'm looking at this pic, if you were to get one like @Remington 's you could bolt it in the middle of the mounting plate.

After sleeping on this idea, I kinda' like the thought now. I think I am going to get a permanent mounted one and go right in the center of the skid plate below the winch hook. May have to back it with a thick piece of steel that goes full width side to side to beef it up. Just need to find a nice fat one. Where did you get yours Remmy?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
After sleeping on this idea, I kinda' like the thought now. I think I am going to get a permanent mounted one and go right in the center of the skid plate below the winch hook. May have to back it with a thick piece of steel that goes full width side to side to beef it up. Just need to find a nice fat one. Where did you get yours Remmy?

Harbor freight. Although I think I seen them at north woods outlet. Also Menards. Looking at the pic @PistonHonda has, I think you could do 2 on that front OEM plate like I did, they'll just be closer together. I used carriage bolts (stainless for corrosion) and a thick large fender washer doubled with a large oversized grade 8 washer to help with strength. Or do what your going to do. I even used a heavy ratchet strap on that for tie down before the tire ties and had no issues with pulling them out.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Harbor freight. Although I think I seen them at north woods outlet. Also Menards. Looking at the pic @PistonHonda has, I think you could do 2 on that front OEM plate like I did, they'll just be closer together. I used carriage bolts (stainless for corrosion) and a thick large fender washer doubled with a large oversized grade 8 washer to help with strength. Or do what your going to do. I even used a heavy ratchet strap on that for tie down before the tire ties and had no issues with pulling them out.

I'll have to check it out today, will probably be hitting Menards anyway. They carry the grade 8 bolts too. Thanks Remmy.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'll have to check it out today, will probably be hitting Menards anyway. They carry the grade 8 bolts too. Thanks Remmy.

You bet buddy! They come in gold grade 8 color. I painted mine silver to give it flash

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@trigger, if you zoom in on this pic you'll see how and the size of the Carriage bolt 1f961de5e0d05faa7c2454d033245918

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!