Picked up new Talon X today- stiff ride.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
Took it out for a ride and couldn’t believe how stiff the rear suspension is. I thought it would have a much better ride than my p1000-5 but it seems worse. I set the shocks on the softest settings but still harsh. Is there any adjustments a guy can make other than buying new shocks? View attachment 240312

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dropped my tire pressure down to 10 lbs and took off my rear sway bar and that seemed to help. I don't drive fast and slide into turns or anything crazy. So if you drive like that, may not want to disconnect or remove the rear sway bar, but it did help.

Reactions: Mudwing and CID
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I went with the EMP front windshield which comes with a windshield wiper and love it! Its automotive glass and not the plastic that you worry about scratching. Mud gets on it, clean like regular glass and vents at the bottom. Did the Super ATV for the rear glass.

Reactions: Elkhunter and 906UP
T

Talonay

Jul 25, 2020
Ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
The first couple hundred miles mine was stiff once I got 500 600 miles on it softened up alot

Reactions: Elkhunter
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Ride faster! Suspension gets better with speed. I've run my shocks on setting 2 on fast trails and it was better. Recently installed the bandit medium spring kit all the way around. Front is MUCH better, rear so so. I think one of the design factors to the ride quality is the rear shocks top bolt is located right behind the seats at shoulder height which transmits much more suspension feedback to the occupant. My RZR S 1000 rode REALLY good, like a Buick on rough trails. This Talon, not so especially at low speed. My wife won't say it but I think she liked the RZR better. For the ride and driving with the CVT.

Reactions: Smitty335
J

JTW

Ride faster! Suspension gets better with speed. I've run my shocks on setting 2 on fast trails and it was better. Recently installed the bandit medium spring kit all the way around. Front is MUCH better, rear so so. I think one of the design factors to the ride quality is the rear shocks top bolt is located right behind the seats at shoulder height which transmits much more suspension feedback to the occupant. My RZR S 1000 rode REALLY good, like a Buick on rough trails. This Talon, not so especially at low speed. My wife won't say it but I think she liked the RZR better. For the ride and driving with the CVT.
Don’t let her ride in a KRX then.

• Dislike
Reactions: McCarthy
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota

Just finished installing the Bandit tender spring kit. My skid plate came tonight. Tomorrow I’ll install the skids and take it for a ride and see if it made any difference.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
And i'm sure you'll be here looong after i'm gone, preaching the wonders of the KRX. ❤❤❤
Probably, but if you want to know anything about the DCT transmission or the 1000 engine these are the go to guys, just sayin.

Reactions: JTW
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Just finished installing the Bandit tender spring kit. My skid plate came tonight. Tomorrow I’ll install the skids and take it for a ride and see if it made any difference.

Put on my bottom & side skid plates on today that went good. 43ebf81381fc7e44e410a670a55626f4
Ea54fcce9ca5a526acc85c109b7b2c37

I took the Talon for a ride today. Definitely better with the Bandit springs. I can live with it for now. I’ll give them a real test when we get to Arizona in a couple weeks. Shock upgrade may come at a later date. We decided to go with a couple of helmets and goggles for now and wait on the windshield. I ordered a wolfsnout dust mask for in the helmet. Anyone use one? Good or no?

Reactions: TripleB and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Put on my bottom & side skid plates on today that went good. View attachment 241761
View attachment 241762

I took the Talon for a ride today. Definitely better with the Bandit springs. I can live with it for now. I’ll give them a real test when we get to Arizona in a couple weeks. Shock upgrade may come at a later date. We decided to go with a couple of helmets and goggles for now and wait on the windshield. I ordered a wolfsnout dust mask for in the helmet. Anyone use one? Good or no?

Glad the Bandit springs are going to work for you. 👍

About my flip up SATV windshield - I wear a full coverage motorcycle helmet because it's quieter, warmer and safer. I also have a winter coat with a tall zip up collar that kinda tucks up under the helmet so I shouldn't need a windshield. But the difference is much more noticeable than I would have thought. My last several rides were in the mid 40's to low 50's, I put the windshield up for the video (camera is helmet mounted) and the cold air swirls around my face, closing the windshield eliminates that and the low pressure draws the radiator warmth upward. It's like I have a complete enclosure but it's only the windshield.

I've never tired anything like a wolfsnout, even when I snowmobiled so nothing to add there.

Reactions: Elkhunter
Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
Update on stock shocks. Shocks and springs were not to my liking for the riding I do so I removed them 81ce3b9f6dd8d48d948315cdda310806
Made a appointment and a few days later I took them to Weller racing and dropped them off while I did some shopping about 2:30 they called and said they were done. 125ff5a4999cb67edd83695dd20ceb74
Put them back on this morning. Had new dual rate springs with crossovers put on and valving done to them.I opted for the soft ride with basically a stock machine and trail riding 5-20mphEb9e6287d475af5049f344bd6546a206
746e62e9f015e5a04235dbbdb72ddf0f
Cecb08d025e084d6f3d4cc977af835b6
When I got it back together I took my wife for a ride and even she noticed how much better it rode! Now I can live with the ride but I think the 15” tires are part of the problem with these machines too.
Oh and I reconnected my sway bar too!

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put on my bottom & side skid plates on today that went good. View attachment 241761
View attachment 241762

👍👍 on the wolf snout

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!