P500 Picking up my new p500 this weekend

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I live in Alaska and ride a lot of narrow trails. I have been looking at SxS's so the wife and I can get to my fishing holes together on one machine (she gets stuck a lot....but don't ever tell her I said that), but were all too wide for the trails. Last week I saw guy on a p500 and started doing the research my only concern is the fuel tank size but that's an easy fix with gas cans. Called around and finally found one in green would have preferred red or yellow (easier to see in the willows) but beggars can't be choosers. Putting a winch on it and prob tires before hunting season any other suggestions?

Fordman

Fordman

Lifetime Member
Aug 8, 2013
Fayette Al
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome! You will love your p500 ! We do !!!!!!! Great machine

Reactions: Cowboy22
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Akfishbum !!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I live in Alaska and ride a lot of narrow trails. I have been looking at SxS's so the wife and I can get to my fishing holes together on one machine (she gets stuck a lot....but don't ever tell her I said that), but were all too wide for the trails. Last week I saw guy on a p500 and started doing the research my only concern is the fuel tank size but that's an easy fix with gas cans. Called around and finally found one in green would have preferred red or yellow (easier to see in the willows) but beggars can't be choosers. Putting a winch on it and prob tires before hunting season any other suggestions?
I would put on a roof and windshield. Pretty pricey from Honda but looks good.i also put a rubber mat on the back rack. Camo duct tape for the giant safety warning plaque on the dash.

Last edited:
500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Camo doesn't match.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: ohanacreek
Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the comments. Picked mine up Saturday been to busy working and riding to reply until now. Anyone had any issue with brush, that little tiny bumper kinda worries me. We do a lot of brush busting up where I moose hunt and I would hate to take a willow branch through the radiator. I was looking at the varies bumpers out there and think I'm ordering a strong made one. Called them and they will ship to alaska but it cost more. Only issue with ordering anything here is the damn cost....they charge us Alaskans like we are in a foreign country. But any way we get used to it and just figure into the cost. I love the machine took it out today and watched two Polaris guys turn around and go home since they could not fit up the trail lol I waved as I went by. I'll post some pictures once I get the bumper on and any other mods I can afford...tires, gun rack, hard top, and a windshield are probable the first order of business. Take care and keep riding.

Last edited:
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
You will love her and beat her like a step kid and kiss her good night all the same lol

Reactions: Cowboy22
Jaymo2309

Jaymo2309

Apr 24, 2015
You will love it. I love mine. Now I just need some land to ride on.

advertisement
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Just remember my invitation :)

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
Make sure you either get a glass or hardcoat windshield if going through a lot of brush. The poly will scratch pretty quick in those conditions....enjoy!!

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Make sure you either get a glass or hardcoat windshield if going through a lot of brush. The poly will scratch pretty quick in those conditions....enjoy!!
Welcome fish from Missouri.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

Been thinking about a windshield - who is making a glass on for the P500.
Thanks

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
I have the hard coat windshield. It is standing up surprisingly well in the brush. It's been "slapped" pretty hard several times in the past few weeks, and is none the worse for wear. I do wish that there was an automotive glass windshield available, along with a wiper kit. hopefully someone will begin making one soon. If anyone hears of one, please give me a "heads up".

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Been thinking about a windshield - who is making a glass on for the P500.
Thanks
If I lived I. Alaska I would 100% get the alumilitearmour windshield top and back glass would be great and a wiper even. They are also planning on doors.
Compare

I almost bought that my self but decided I wanted a light cheap windshield I can quickly take off or put on for the rare chance of rain.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have the hard coat windshield. It is standing up surprisingly well in the brush. It's been "slapped" pretty hard several times in the past few weeks, and is none the worse for wear. I do wish that there was an automotive glass windshield available, along with a wiper kit. hopefully someone will begin making one soon. If anyone hears of one, please give me a "heads up".
ALUMILITEARMOR
they got wat ya need

Reactions: Montecresto
Cowboy22

Cowboy22

Mar 31, 2016
Iowa
Add a Cargo Box & get a Cab on it!!

Reactions: p500fan
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!