P500 Picking up P520 in a week - plastic color change, plow, other questions

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sold the motorcycle and needed a new toy. First time SXS owner (soon). Can only locate 1 blue p520 in my area. There was possibly a green one coming in stock at a separate dealership in 2 months but they charge 400 for assembly, whereas the blue one from the other place they charge 95 to assemble, so I save money at get it a few months sooner. I want green and don't care for the blue color. I believe I found the hood for about 80 dollars. Not seeing much stock for the dump box plastics. Any thoughts on this? I think I found one site that was 220 per panel, so 80+440 to change them out? Might have to plasti dip the blue panels until I can replace them.

Already finding tons of great info on this forum, been taking notes from some of the well known members such as trigger. The wife is excited to do some light trail riding with me, perhaps a new hobby for us. We are not speed people, so it sounds like the 520 will be a good fit. A bit concerned about exhaust noise. It sounds like there is something trigger made to help with that but I didn't locate the main thread on that yet.

I found the KFI winch mount on amazon (KFI Products 101215 Mounts), have not figured out which winch to get.

For the plow kit it is sounding like 66 inch plastic from KFI might be good. Do most people just order the full kit from KFI? Does it come with the p520 plow mount bracket, or is that stand alone? Looks to be KFI SKU: 105615.

Looking forward to being able to spray the lawn with the 520 also. Northern tool boom sprayers? I don't have the yard to justify needing a utv, but if I have one, I am going to use it for the chores!

Sorry for the random organization of the questions. Looking forward to being part of the forum!

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Another thing - I know the 520 has no turf mode. that was my only draw to the other brand. However, I can't move away from Honda. my last three motorcycles were Honda and not only resale being fantastic, never had any issue. Anyway, at very low speeds, is not having a turf mode going to cause a lot of turf damage?

Reactions: TxDoc and Mudder
wvupsc

wvupsc

Feb 1, 2021
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I wanted a green one because my honda ATVs were green; but could only get a P520 in blue. The blue has grown on me now that I have one.

Also...I bought the KFI winch and 66" KFI steel plow (from dealership and installed for free when I bought the P520). I haven't had the opportunity to plow snow yet although I like the looks and build of the set-up. If you plow snow with the plow at an angle, the cut path is 60", which puts it a little wider than my tires (58" with aftermarket offset wheels & spacers).

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I wanted a green one because my honda ATVs were green; but could only get a P520 in blue. The blue has grown on me now that I have one.

Also...I bought the KFI winch and 66" KFI steel plow (from dealership and installed for free when I bought the P520). I haven't had the opportunity to plow snow yet although I like the looks and build of the set-up. If you plow snow with the plow at an angle, the cut path is 60", which puts it a little wider than my tires (58" with aftermarket offset wheels & spacers).
Thanks for sharing that! I had not really considered dealership accessories as I was concerned about up charging but maybe I should compare prices first.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum Bear! I ordered the whole KFI set up through KFI. Winch and mount, push tubes, mount and 66" steel blade. About a grand all said and done. Here's the link you referred to. Just shoot me a PM when you're ready. (little envelope up in the corner)

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'll trade green for blue, one side panel is scuffed from a roll over into the mud, can get pics if interested?
might consider that, feel free to send pics sometime. again, I don't have the unit yet but could be an option. would want to keep fairly good condition plastics but we'll see how bad it is! I am wondering how much the plastics will cost after a year or so. 220 for one side panel seems high when the hood is only 80.

advertisement
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome. Several guys have changed plastics color. Don’t know costs for a 520.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sold the motorcycle and needed a new toy. First time SXS owner (soon). Can only locate 1 blue p520 in my area. There was possibly a green one coming in stock at a separate dealership in 2 months but they charge 400 for assembly, whereas the blue one from the other place they charge 95 to assemble, so I save money at get it a few months sooner. I want green and don't care for the blue color. I believe I found the hood for about 80 dollars. Not seeing much stock for the dump box plastics. Any thoughts on this? I think I found one site that was 220 per panel, so 80+440 to change them out? Might have to plasti dip the blue panels until I can replace them.

Already finding tons of great info on this forum, been taking notes from some of the well known members such as trigger. The wife is excited to do some light trail riding with me, perhaps a new hobby for us. We are not speed people, so it sounds like the 520 will be a good fit. A bit concerned about exhaust noise. It sounds like there is something trigger made to help with that but I didn't locate the main thread on that yet.

I found the KFI winch mount on amazon (KFI Products 101215 Mounts), have not figured out which winch to get.

For the plow kit it is sounding like 66 inch plastic from KFI might be good. Do most people just order the full kit from KFI? Does it come with the p520 plow mount bracket, or is that stand alone? Looks to be KFI SKU: 105615.

Looking forward to being able to spray the lawn with the 520 also. Northern tool boom sprayers? I don't have the yard to justify needing a utv, but if I have one, I am going to use it for the chores!

Sorry for the random organization of the questions. Looking forward to being part of the forum!
Hang on I will see if I can pull up the green plastic part numbers for the P520, on the original P500 a color swap was about $130 total.

The Adventure Green Plastic, Hood and both bed sides will run you about $295 from www.rmatv.com that is $60 off dealer list prices. image below with part numbers.

P520 Green Plastic

Last edited:
sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hang on I will see if I can pull up the green plastic part numbers for the P520, on the original P500 a color swap was about $130 total.

The Adventure Green Plastic, Hood and both bed sides will run you about $295 from www.rmatv.com that is $60 off dealer list prices. image below with part numbers.

View attachment 279888
Thanks a lot for this, much more reasonable price than another site I was using. for some reason, entering in the part numbers into the search bar is not finding these parts for me. I also input the vehicle type and navigate to 'body' and no plastics come up. are they categorized under something other than body parts?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks a lot for this, much more reasonable price than another site I was using. for some reason, entering in the part numbers into the search bar is not finding these parts for me. I also input the vehicle type and navigate to 'body' and no plastics come up. are they categorized under something other than body parts?
The front piece is under the section Front Fender / Hood the bed panels are under the section of Bed Plate / Rear Gate. on the RMATV OEM parts list you have to select the third P520 listed to get the adventure green color option which you can verify with the hood selection, the bed panels have 2 options just have to match the color code of the hood like above.

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The front piece is under the section Front Fender / Hood the bed panels are under the section of Bed Plate / Rear Gate. on the RMATV OEM parts list you have to select the third P520 listed to get the adventure green color option which you can verify with the hood selection, the bed panels have 2 options just have to match the color code of the hood like above.
thanks a lot for this! unless the blue color grows on me as it did for some others, plan to get that ordered!

Reactions: Backwoods
sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I appreciate all the replies already. Such a helpful and welcoming group.

If anyone has any comments or opinions about these other things i do value anyone's input.
- no turf mode - is my lawn in trouble? yes i plan to ride a bit in the turf
- plow kits - KFI seems like a favorite. I saw some folks favoring poly, does it matter?
- winch - terra35? assuming cheaper badlands from HF that you get your moneys worth? I have learned the KFI mount plate for it to be higher up is good. synthetic rope a must? Can always change the rope out later right.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I have a Badlands 3500 going on almost 5 years. I use it for trail clearing, tree work on property and the occasional stuck. A universal $20 wireless winch remote is great for winching away from the SxS. You can walk away like 50 ft if respooling cable on the drum neatly after a winching.

sleepybear

sleepybear

Jun 17, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a Badlands 3500 going on almost 5 years. I use it for trail clearing, tree work on property and the occasional stuck. A universal $20 wireless winch remote is great for winching away from the SxS. You can walk away like 50 ft if respooling cable on the drum neatly after a winching.
thanks! i do like the cost difference for the badlands at 149 vs. 300 :)

Reactions: Backwoods
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I appreciate all the replies already. Such a helpful and welcoming group.

If anyone has any comments or opinions about these other things i do value anyone's input.
- no turf mode - is my lawn in trouble? yes i plan to ride a bit in the turf
- plow kits - KFI seems like a favorite. I saw some folks favoring poly, does it matter?
- winch - terra35? assuming cheaper badlands from HF that you get your moneys worth? I have learned the KFI mount plate for it to be higher up is good. synthetic rope a must? Can always change the rope out later right.

That's awesome, I knew Jackal had a line on body panels in the past.
The 520 factory tires aren't as aggressive as aftermarket ones so you might be alright with those.
The poly ones are lighter but I tend to lean towards durability. I have no experience with the poly either.
That Terra's a good winch and I would recommend synthetic. No barbs to cut your hands, won't rust, won't take your head off if it snaps and if it does break you can tie a knot in it to get you out of a pinch.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!