P1000 Pioneer 1000 regret

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah Plumber, pump kicks on just like normal. I have the heat gun near the thottle body for almost an hour now, it is warm to the touch all around there.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

You don’t need to spray starting fluid in the intake under the hood! If you’re going to do it even though it’s a pita.. spray behind the filter!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just tried giving it a better shot of fluid in the air intake in hood and it coughed and ran for five seconds and died again. Can’t be good to keep spraying that in there
I live in North Dakota and have never had the problem you are describing on my P1K5-D! I would turn the key and listen for it to cycle fuel. If you hear it and you can smell fuel then I would guess it’s probably fouled plugs. Pull the plugs and clean them and try to start it. I do remember someone on here having plug problems on a brand new machine! It’s not the cold! The service guy at the dealer is full of It!

J

JTW

What a
I live in North Dakota and have never had the problem you are describing on my P1K5-D! I would turn the key and listen for it to cycle fuel. If you hear it and you can smell fuel then I would guess it’s probably fouled plugs. Pull the plugs and clean them and try to start it. I do remember someone on here having plug problems on a brand new machine! It’s not the cold! The service guy at the dealer is full of It!
I agree.. the service guy is talking out his ass!

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok good response. The other service guy yesterday said he thought it was fouled plugs. I started taking the plug off towards the back and then kinda gave up because it seems like a major pain in the ass. The plug wouldn’t come out, I think you gotta take the whole air filter housing off. The owners manual was pretty vague and I couldn’t find anything on line about it. If plugs were fouled though, how did it start yesterday with fluid? Want to learn

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
my machine has always started. we had minus 15 friday night and it started right up. Third revolution of the motor and it was running. It did stumble after a few seconds of running, hit the starter again and it re fired on second revolution of motor. It does crank over substantially slower of the starter when it is below zero but always fires. not rubbing it in but just giving credit to machine. I’d get a call into dealer and see if they store any outside. have them go out and fire one or two up and see if problem repeated with other inventory.... maybe?

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That’s a good idea Red. And your not rubbing it in, I am happy to hear that yours started, was it outside in minus 15 when yours started?

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
JTW, what do you mean “spray it behind filter”? Filter is sealed all the way to air intake under hood from what I can tell.

J

JTW

You actually don’t have to take anything off to check the plug other than the plug wire.. just recently ran into this with dad’s machine. Fouled plugs but 3000 miles.. a 14mm magnetic socket will make life easier. I just ordered one myself...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019ZF461Y?tag=sxsweb24-20

It’s placement is awkward as f*** but pull it just like a regular plug.

I’d also have to pull some of that gas, put it in a glass jar. Let it sit and see if it has any water in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
advertisement
C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I hear ya Olered on the heater. That wouldn’t help much though if you were 2 miles out on the lake. Be a long hard walk back.

Reactions: Plumber32
J

JTW

JTW, what do you mean “spray it behind filter”? Filter is sealed all the way to air intake under hood from what I can tell.
I mean I would take the filter cover off and spray down the throttle body like you originally did. Spraying in the intake under the hood means that fluid has to pass through your your oiled filter. I
Yes, I t’s a paper filter but has an oil on it...

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
JTW, I took the filter cover off, the one that’s under the hood and then sprayed down the tube as best I can. The machine coughs and spits but won’t start.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
machine sits in a shed that has a concrete floor but no heat or electricity. would be similar to a machine that sat outside with a cover on it

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear ya Olered on the heater. That wouldn’t help much though if you were 2 miles out on the lake. Be a long hard walk back.

Ya— my
machine is pretty much a fishing rig for the big water. I had major concerns moving to any machine that relied on an electric starter alone. reason i could never get into a big snowmobile. I haul a heavy duty jumper pack anywhere i go. I suppose if you clipped it on before first trying to start it you may get a little hotter shot from the starter and get it to go before cranking for awhile on stock battery and flooding.

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about a slightly thinner oil for winter? Help it rev when dead cold...re
gap the plug to something else? Can someone chime in that works on these things for a living? All. I have is generalities and although fun to talk about,aren’t necessarily going to get you anywhere. Id stick with it and get that thing working for ya. It’s got the DNA to work in almost any setting a person could put it in but I also believe they won’t necessarily be delivered to customers that way or show up to the dealer from factory that way. she needs a good massage

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok good response. The other service guy yesterday said he thought it was fouled plugs. I started taking the plug off towards the back and then kinda gave up because it seems like a major pain in the ass. The plug wouldn’t come out, I think you gotta take the whole air filter housing off. The owners manual was pretty vague and I couldn’t find anything on line about it. If plugs were fouled though, how did it start yesterday with fluid? Want to learn
it’s spark or fuel and if it’s cycling the fuel pump then that rules out it being a fuel issue, so it would have to be a spark problem! If you can rule it out it helps you to get to the cause of your problem. Here are the instructions...
9CE9AB2D 05C9 40FD 822D AF82FDB4B692

J

JTW

JTW, I took the filter cover off, the one that’s under the hood and then sprayed down the tube as best I can. The machine coughs and spits but won’t start.
Yeah... I would stop spraying starter fluid in the intake under the hood. If you’re going to spray starter fluid in it... remove the air filter and spray down the throttle body. All of this is really unnecessary though... if it’s turning over and not firing you need to check the plug first and foremost. With it being a fuel injected machine it should fire with relative ease.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!