P1000 Pioneer 1000 regret

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks. I can’t get it started right now. I will try again tomorrow and hopefully use it to plow the snow, then take it dealer.

Reactions: sharp
C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks guys. The owners manual says take air filter cover off but it’s harder than that. The whole assembly has to come off and it’s attached to few different things like the thottle body ect.....and it’s fricking cold out!

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Trying to follow along. If the fluid can get it to fire a bit, then to me it sounds like a fuel issue right? If plug was fouled, it wouldn’t spark therefore it would turn over with fluid I think.

J

JTW

Trying to follow along. If the fluid can get it to fire a bit, then to me it sounds like a fuel issue right? If plug was fouled, it wouldn’t spark therefore it would turn over with fluid I think.
Yeah... if it will fire. I’d check my gas and make sure it was good. It’s very possible you got some bad fuel. Fuel and spark would be my first two checks... then go from there.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Here is more info on troubleshooting... if you have trouble codes flashing this will move you in the right direction and give you an idea on what to check.
C9478F26 12F2 4F4F 9256 2F2BB4FA2F00 F53E48B3 7DEE 467F A474 5C1AC53314FA 5EED479B E197 47F7 AE41 33224139A777 DDFEE691 BBFE 4FF4 A0C2 5A077EB9B33F 22BADD96 2301 4986 871F FC3316BA4389

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So.... just went out and took filter off, gave it a whiff of fluid and it took right off. What is that telling me? Frozen fuel, plug ect....

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

So.... just went out and took filter off, gave it a whiff of fluid and it took right off. What is that telling me? Frozen fuel, plug ect....
I’d siphon the fuel out and replace with fresh from another source. I would try regular conventional if that’s available in your area!

If you got it started and let it run... will it start back after you shut if off?

advertisement
S

schlepprock250

Jun 14, 2018
Nc
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
^^^This.. I would drain it and go with some fresh fuel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yesterday after I got it started and ran it for two hours, I shut it off and restarted three times, no problem. It was after it sat all night it didn’t start this morning. I am considering just letting run til the morning so I can plow tomorrow. Bad idea? I also don’t want to use starter fluid again but I need to plow

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So can you guys verify what the service guy told me about hardcold starting because of lower compression motor. Are there guys running these pioneers in ten below and having zero problems?
I've started my machine several times in the last few weeks when the temp was below 5 and sometimes below zero. I have had zero issues.

I hope you are running non ethanol fuel. That's critical.

I run aviation 100 fuel in mine and I keep a battery tender plugged into it when not in use. Haven't had any trouble in cold weather and I've had a pioneer 1000 for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'm glad to see you got it going. One thing you might do as well is put the unit on a battery tender to have a strong battery/spin on the engine to ignite that fuel.

C

Chris-Rog

Jan 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for replies. Yes I was always running ethanol free until yesterday when dealer told me to put in 87 with ethanol. I always use sea foam too. Yesterday upon his recommendation, I put 87 and some heet in it. Also battery is always on a tender. His theory is lower compression motor can’t squeeze the fuel through like the higher compression Ranger motor can. Said he sees this a lot on the Honda’s. He believes 87 detonates easier than 91

O

OleRed

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
go get some good fresh no-corn fuel and confirm your plug is right . Too much technology going wi h this new stuff for me to be much help. an old v8 be a different story

Reactions: Remington and JTW
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can't help with much new info here. I wouldn't use starting fluid on a new machine either. My Pioneer starts a little bit slower in the winter but it has always started even with temps as low as -25*. I run 91 octane, non-ethanol fuel. The biggest winter problems that I have had, (besides getting COLD!) is that if my rig has been running/plowing and I shut it off with the temp below zero, my power steering will sometimes not work for a while and getting my rig high centered but that isn't the rig's fault! Good luck.

J

JTW

I’d still be curious to see what the plugs looked like. But with only 8 miles and a month old with the temp swings this time of year... If it starts and will restart... maybe condensation in the fuel is the whole problem. Cold weather just exacerbates little issues that normally wouldn’t be a big deal.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for replies. Yes I was always running ethanol free until yesterday when dealer told me to put in 87 with ethanol. I always use sea foam too. Yesterday upon his recommendation, I put 87 and some heet in it. Also battery is always on a tender. His theory is lower compression motor can’t squeeze the fuel through like the higher compression Ranger motor can. Said he sees this a lot on the Honda’s. He believes 87 detonates easier than 91

I'd definitely avoid ethanol. There is no squeezing happening. It's just pulling fuel into the motor through the valves. higher octane fuel will ignite a lot easier. You have spark plugs to ignite it we arent talking diesel here. I think your shop guy is a polaris fan boy.

You need 3 things.
Good fuel
Good spark
Strong fast cranking

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!