P500 Pioneer 500/700 for Plowing snow

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I purchased the utv version and am definitely not a fan of it, other than removing the plow for trail riding the plow mount hangs to low when the plow is on, the mount it’s self is ok but the push tubes connected to the mount leaves about 2” of ground clearance.
I can take a pic on Saturday if you’d like to see what it looks like
No that cool. i seen all pics in the other thread Madman started using the ATV version ,But i want to set up the bracket back just behind the rear of the front A-Arm and hopefully still get 22'' lift maybe 20'' i'd be happy..cheers

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
leaves about 2” of ground clearance.
I can take a pic on Saturday if you’d like to see what it looks like

Wow 2'' is not much...I wonder how Madman ground clearance is since he used the ATV version.
Most of our trails are groomed in the winter(check my profile pic) so hitting something would be soft i hope,but would be a drag if the trail is soft power or slushy,but come the summer i would remove it..
2 inches not much clearance..thanks

F

Fishin_Chip

So, just to update this thread, I ended up purchasing a 2017 p500 with 241km on it. The machine came with a home made mid-mount to fit the Warn ProVantage ATV system. I used the 60” county plow from my Grizzly, I was able to bolt it right on.
First impressions
1. Buy a windshield! So I did that. Much warmer, there is likely a cab and heater in my future...
2. Generally a far superior plowing setup. The extra weight gives me a lot more pushing power, traction and control. The only negatives are less visibility and maneuverability in tight quarters.
3. After a couple weeks use, I bit the bullet and purchased the proper front mount for the Warn plow system. I like the increased lift and the slightly more solid attachments.

All in all, I am very happy with the system. So far, the biggest snowfall has been about 8”, and the amount of snow was not enough to noticeably impede my ability to plow a full blade width, even on the 3rd pass.

Cheers!

Chip

bms

bms

Feb 3, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
I just installed the Warn Provantage front mount system on my P5. Lost no ground clearance at all. Just waiting for snow in PA...

2ACF9053 21F0 49B8 A3F2 2FF1E5284AEF 1A5BA5F4 AF64 4C48 B5F9 CE1CFB0F6620

Reactions: trigger
J

jamesraycroft

Oct 25, 2019
canada
Ownership

1. 500
I am considering purchasing a P500 for plowing snow, or possibly a P700. I currently use a Grizzly 550 with a 60" Warn county style plow. I have 2km (1.25 mi) road plus some driveway/yard to keep clean. I like the county style plow because it throws the snow a bit further off of the road if you get a little speed up. I am thinking the UTV would add a little weight, maybe give me the capability to deal with a heavy snowfall a little better.

I would be equipping my machine with a 66" county plow (for the P500, probably a 72" if I end up with a P700). I would add a full cab and heater (Alumite for P500, possibly OEM for the P700)

So, I have a few questions for those of you currently using a comparable setup:
1. Will this be an upgrade for me?
2. Do you run OEM tires? I was thinking an 8 ply might stand up better. Any thoughts?
3. Probably end up with another Warn plow, although I will see if the Denali is an option locally. From what I can find here on the forums, both have their adherents. I welcome feedback here too.
4. Are there any other issues I should consider as I move forward?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers!

Chip
Ju
I am considering purchasing a P500 for plowing snow, or possibly a P700. I currently use a Grizzly 550 with a 60" Warn county style plow. I have 2km (1.25 mi) road plus some driveway/yard to keep clean. I like the county style plow because it throws the snow a bit further off of the road if you get a little speed up. I am thinking the UTV would add a little weight, maybe give me the capability to deal with a heavy snowfall a little better.

I would be equipping my machine with a 66" county plow (for the P500, probably a 72" if I end up with a P700). I would add a full cab and heater (Alumite for P500, possibly OEM for the P700)

2. Do you run OEM tires? I was thinking an 8 ply might stand up better. Any thoughts?
3. Probably end up with another Warn plow, although I will see if the Denali is an option locally. From what I can find here on the forums, both have their adherents. I welcome feedback here too.

Cheers!

Chip

Cheers!

Chip
p500 is great for tight spaces and lots of low end torque plo Ing. Little off topic but the Boss 50 inch ATV kills snow. Getting in and out of the machine to change an angle really defeats any time saved even if you’re going to use a winch I would get a hydraulic left and right Or a V with pistons V-Plow System
I prefer 28 inch mud tires for deeper snow.
The pioneer 500 has and issue with getting too hot under the driver seat so in the winter all you need is a carb enclosure and it’s plenty warm enough
My 2 cents

12C71843 3076 4816 97B5 BAF4C1A1FD75

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!