P500 Pioneer 500 glove box interest

C

Chooglin

Just another little update !
Boxes are all finished but the painting, so I need a couple more days to finish these up !

I will give some more details later on future boxes and the shipping cost for these..........I had a rough night and I need a shower , so stay tuned !
20160531 191637

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Just another little update !
Boxes are all finished but the painting, so I need a couple more days to finish these up !

I will give some more details later on future boxes and the shipping cost for these..........I had a rough night and I need a shower , so stay tuned !
View attachment 16201
They look good Joe. Do you need some money now or are you good ?

C

Chooglin

I had a frustrating night , I bought the hinges thru Amazon and was not real happy with the quality of them ,but had no choice, but to go ahead and use them.Then my damn welder decided to start acting up , I was having a heck of a time welding the hinges on. Anyway , I did get them finished, although I am not real happy with the welds on the hinges , so I apologize in advance for that.

I checked with USPS and was able to get a "Flat Rate box" ,to ship the glove boxes in ($14.00 ) this will include Alaska also.When I begin to take payments for these , the Total amount for payment will be $79.(I will let you all know when to make payment and how)

As far as making more of these boxes in the future , this is what I will be doing.

1) I will have all the parts made up and bend the boxes to shape.

2) tack weld them together.

3) provide all the hardware to complete the boxes. (door knob,hinge , nuts and bolts.....etc)

4) ship them.

It will be up to the buyer to have them welded , finish assembly and paint them.

The thing I hate most of all , I will still be charging $65+$14 for shipping , even though they will not be complete when you purchase them.
This is the only way I can make enough money on them , to make it worth my time and effort.So anyone who would still be interested in them , just say so and I will gladly continue providing the boxes !!

The reason for doing this in the future , is mainly do to the amount of time and effort it takes to build these out of my garage. (it's not a easy task to build a large number of these at one time).I also miscalculated the expense of building them ,for the small amount of money I make on them vs the time and effort put into them, just isn't worth it to me.

Sorry for being long winded , but I wanted to let everyone know what was going on !!!!

Thank all
Joe

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Don't worry about it Joe. I'm sure it was a pita to build that many at once. Thanks for building them for us.
Doing any kind of custom fab is time consuming. No wonder Honda charges so much for accessories huh?
If it makes it any easier, you could send them out and let us paint them too.
I'm still in at $79...even if your welds are sh***y. ;)

advertisement
C

Chooglin

Don't worry about it Joe. I'm sure it was a pita to build that many at once. Thanks for building them for us.
Doing any kind of custom fab is time consuming. No wonder Honda charges so much for accessories huh?
If it makes it any easier, you could send them out and let us paint them too.
I'm still in at $79...even if your welds are sh***y. ;)
Thanks @trigger , I just wish I was retired and had all the time in the world to do this stuff , but I am still looking a t 11 more years of work.........gotta pay the bills.....lol

Reactions: trigger and markie
M

markie

Feb 15, 2016
milton kentucky
Thanks @trigger , I just wish I was retired and had all the time in the world to do this stuff , but I am still looking a t 11 more years of work.........gotta pay the bills.....lol
If any one backs out on one of these that are finished let me know.Thanks

Reactions: Chooglin
Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
Thanks chooglin, I appreciate all you did for us. I would also take my box unpainted if it's easier for you. Just let me know how u want payment PayPal/e-transfer....thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottp500

scottp500

Jun 24, 2015
I will take mine unpainted also, I know you have put a lot of effort into them already. Just let us know.
Thanks for doing them.

Reactions: markie
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Everyone here understands. You have made a pretty nice contribution to the forum by offering these for sale.

I think you should take your design to some sheet metal fab shops and get quotes to produce them. Look at places that do HVAC ducting as well. Get quotes for doing 50, and 100 or whatever you think. Put them on eBay or Amazon. I'm sure you could lower your costs significantly by outsourcing the manufacturing, or at least the major part of it. Then sell them for $80 or $90 or even more on those sites. I'd be very surprised if you didn't sell a bunch of them. All this assuming that you have the desire to do it. It looks to me like you have a really great idea with this product and you might as well make a buck on it before someone else does!!!

C

Chooglin

Everyone here understands. You have made a pretty nice contribution to the forum by offering these for sale.

I think you should take your design to some sheet metal fab shops and get quotes to produce them. Look at places that do HVAC ducting as well. Get quotes for doing 50, and 100 or whatever you think. Put them on eBay or Amazon. I'm sure you could lower your costs significantly by outsourcing the manufacturing, or at least the major part of it. Then sell them for $80 or $90 or even more on those sites. I'd be very surprised if you didn't sell a bunch of them. All this assuming that you have the desire to do it. It looks to me like you have a really great idea with this product and you might as well make a buck on it before someone else does!!!
I have considered this and still might do this , but for now , life is to busy for me.

I have another big project that I need to work on , so until that's done , I need to set everything else aside !
20160530 184636

Thanks for the support and interest everyone !
Joe

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
I have considered this and still might do this , but for now , life is to busy for me.

I have another big project that I need to work on , so until that's done , I need to set everything else aside !
View attachment 16222

Thanks for the support and interest everyone !
Joe
Shoot me an address so i can get the green backs headed your way

Reactions: markie
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, just throw them in boxes Joe, we'll paint 'em. Give us the payment info and you can see some return on what you've put up.
Even if they need a little dressing up, you've done the hard part and you're the man.
Don't worry, we won't be disappointed.

Reactions: markie and zxylene
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Yeah, just throw them in boxes Joe, we'll paint 'em. Give us the payment info and you can see some return on what you've put up.
Even if they need a little dressing up, you've done the hard part and you're the man.
Don't worry, we won't be disappointed.
I agree. If not I'm sending a tip with my payment.

Reactions: markie and trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!