Pioneer 500 tows 3100+ lbs (video)

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Back by popular demand...this little video we took, just experimenting for fun with our machines. My 2018 Honda Pioneer 500 towed this load easily - it did not require heavy throttle input, therefore not much strain on the clutch. We also made certain the tongue weight was appropriate. We are not saying this is a good idea, or even suggesting anyone else tow more than the recommended amount - per Honda. We are simply sharing a video we think some will find interesting.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I understand the Polaris needed to be towed. But I bet it would have smoked a belt if it was the other way around.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I understand the Polaris needed to be towed. But I bet it would have smoked a belt if it was the other way around.
Nope, I’ve pulled more with mine, lol.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Hold my beer, watch this....

Reactions: SouthwestORV
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m curious how you like your P500 compared to the old Ranger 700. Strengths/weaknesses, etc.
Well, I wouldn’t even begin to compare them they’re so very different. The Polaris Ranger is of course a much wider machine with lockers, it has a dump bed, seats 3, and has a vastly more comfortable suspension and much more travel. It’s also equipped with the best power steering of all my SXS’s, the P5 of course doesn’t have any. My PR is primarily a farm tool, I’ve beat the hell out of it carrying boulders, firewood, lumber to build a remote cabin, barn cleanings (manure) top soil etc. but it was the only SXS I had for about 5 years and so probably a third of its miles are trail related.

The P5, just a completely different machine, is my prized trail machine. With about 3,000 trouble free miles exclusively on the the trails in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico. For trail riding, I’ll take my P5. It’s also my most modded SXS, with a total monetary investment probably only second to @trigger lmao.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Well, I wouldn’t even begin to compare them they’re so very different. The Polaris Ranger is of course a much wider machine with lockers, it has a dump bed, seats 3, and has a vastly more comfortable suspension and much more travel. It’s also equipped with the best power steering of all my SXS’s, the P5 of course doesn’t have any. My PR is primarily a farm tool, I’ve beat the hell out of it carrying boulders, firewood, lumber to build a remote cabin, barn cleanings (manure) top soil etc. but it was the only SXS I had for about 5 years and so probably a third of its miles are trail related.

The P5, just a completely different machine, is my prized trail machine. With about 3,000 trouble free miles exclusively on the the trails in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and New Mexico. For trail riding, I’ll take my P5. It’s also my most modded SXS, with a total monetary investment probably only second to @trigger lmao.
You responded to my question beautifully. Thank you! I see you, indeed, can "serve two masters." Few can do this when it comes to Polaris vs "Japan".

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!