Multi Pioneer - Cheap $20 UTV / ATV Winch Remote Installation

CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
Hey Guys

I just bought a cheap remote for my P500 and Super Winch Terra 3500.

I was shocked at the Super Winch Remote price ($400cad/$295usd) so that was never going to be an option. I'd rather pay a man to press the button for me wearing a top hat and tails while I shout "in a bit, out a bit" than spend that money on something so simple. BTW hiring the man would have also been cheaper!

So I bought a cheap Chinese one to see how it worked.

Let me know if you have one of these working to.

Thanks

Ovo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Cant beat that. Just received my super-winch this week. A wireless receiver is just what I need.

Interested in the long term durability. But shoot... For $20. Order a backup and still keep $250 in my pocket.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I've got one of those, TOTAL POS!!!!!!! Mine would work fine running the cable in and out with no load placed on the cable, I tried it many times in and then out pulling the cable by hand. Then my truck crapped out a trans cooler line, I decided to use the pioneer/winch to pull my truck in the garage to work on it.put the pioneer in the garage, hooked up the truck and started winching..... and couldn't stop! I took my finger off the button, tried the other one, nothing worked. I ended up taking the hood off the pioneer and removing the control wires from the winch contactor before the truck and the pioneer started to embrace one another. I hooked it up again after cleaning out my drawers and tried it again and it did the same thing.Both timesI was standing with in 10 feet of it, I ended up taking it out, I can't have that stuff happening when my wife has the pioneer she would know what to do and I have no need to replace my my because of a $20 POS. I've heard some good and some bad about these things so I suggest you proceed with caution.

CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
I've got one of those, TOTAL POS!!!!!!! Mine would work fine running the cable in and out with no load placed on the cable, I tried it many times in and then out pulling the cable by hand. Then my truck crapped out a trans cooler line, I decided to use the pioneer/winch to pull my truck in the garage to work on it.put the pioneer in the garage, hooked up the truck and started winching..... and couldn't stop! I took my finger off the button, tried the other one, nothing worked. I ended up taking the hood off the pioneer and removing the control wires from the winch contactor before the truck and the pioneer started to embrace one another. I hooked it up again after cleaning out my drawers and tried it again and it did the same thing.Both timesI was standing with in 10 feet of it, I ended up taking it out, I can't have that stuff happening when my wife has the pioneer she would know what to do and I have no need to replace my my because of a $20 POS. I've heard some good and some bad about these things so I suggest you proceed with caution.

Thanks for the tip. I wired it with a switched live so I can just turn the ignition off if things go south but thanks for the warning. Normally the relays don't latch so it must have been the remote was faulty perhaps. Who knows.

I'll let you know how it works out. :) but worst is i've wasted $17.

Thanks

Ovo

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I bought one and wired it up to control my dump trailer - not the intended use but so far so good. Beats having to hard wire a switch and connectors to several vehicles.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought one and wired it up to control my dump trailer - not the intended use but so far so good. Beats having to hard wire a switch and connectors to several vehicles.

Plan on doing something similar for my dump trailer, might add a switch to the dash but the remote would be nice to know exactly how far up I have it.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Will it work on any winch.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
At tractor supply...

551a85b51f818e7f54745816ab7cdf86

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you CptOvo got mine remote installed today :). Got confused where to connect in/out wires , but found it in your youtube video.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
One of my favorite stores!

Reactions: Tflynn
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have it installed and it does work good.

The receiver is the same as the cheap one available on Amazon which I used for a while on my 700. They are definitely worth the price.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have it installed and it does work good.

The receiver is the same as the cheap one available on Amazon which I used for a while on my 700. They are definitely worth the price.
I ordered a cheapo off amazon, probably the same one you mentioned. Along with the remote you get a fob. 14.69 if I remember correctly. It, my winch, and winch mount will be here tuesday

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ordered a cheapo off amazon, probably the same one you mentioned. Along with the remote you get a fob. 14.69 if I remember correctly. It, my winch, and winch mount will be here tuesday

Yes, there is a fob. You wont regret buying it. Very convenient.

Reactions: Delton

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!