Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Last edited:
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Damn you already got it. I was going to say I was driving into auburn the other day and saw a bunch of Oroville refugees camped out in an osprey behind a white f-350 tracking mud in it and everything!

Seriously though it looks great! perfect size for what you're doing

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Damn you already got it. I was going to say I was driving into auburn the other day and saw a bunch of Oroville refugees camped out in an osprey behind a white f-350 tracking mud in it and everything!

Seriously though it looks great! perfect size for what you're doing
Thanks T you big kidder. Thankfully it wasn't mine, I found it prestine inside with that new camper smell. I'm going to give it a test behind the P7 this weekend, best I can right now on about 4 miles of gravel road within the ranch here and see what it feels like.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
It is the perfect rig for the trail Monty if possible could we see some pics of u laing in it te get a perspective of its iner room in referenceto your size. And it is beautiful :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It is the perfect rig for the trail Monty if possible could we see some pics of u laing in it te get a perspective of its iner room in referenceto your size. And it is beautiful :)
Sure, I'll do that for you this weekend! Thanks Dp5!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The only thing I found to my distaste (and its minor) on the Osprey is that there's a different key for each door.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The only thing I found to my distaste (and its minor) on the Osprey is that there's a different key for each door.

Honestly that would bug me and I'm surprised they did that. Simple locks though you could have it rekeyed pretty reasonable.

This is the style I went with on my bus. Makes it so no one needs a key. Got sick of loosing them.

E2ade7cae72c1fa8d641fc1143715ebf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I wonder if he has to hit the weigh stations since he is commercial? @JACKAL do you know? Know that would be a tear on the cheek laugh to see that pull into a weigh station. Hahaha

If he does, that pic snapped by DOT will be all over their fellow officers facebook accounts, "Look who thinks has a big rig." LMAO

FWIW usually only 13 ton & over registered commercial vehicles, except Ohio they think you collapse the bridges at 5 ton go figure. But they don't even bat an eye when an 85 year old in a 55,000 lbs motorhome with air brakes blows by the scales at 80 mph - could be loaded with 20 ton of weed bales but they ain't got time for Mr. Magoo

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Honestly that would bug me and I'm surprised they did that. Simple locks though you could have it rekeyed pretty reasonable.

This is the style I went with on my bus. Makes it so no one needs a key. Got sick of loosing them.

E2ade7cae72c1fa8d641fc1143715ebf

That's cool, keyless entry! My other two normal sized RV's both have different keys for the front and rear doors and I've never thought anything of it. I guess it's because these doors are so close to one another, shrug.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's cool, keyless entry! My other two normal sized RV's both have different keys for the front and rear doors and I've never thought anything of it. I guess it's because these doors are so close to one another, shrug.

What's weird is there aren't that many different keys usually too rv style locks. I'd think manufacturers would check the key numbers before installation. But I guess it probably doesn't bother most people. For me that would be like a two key car.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I love my keyless entry on my camper. I bought the door locks from rvlock and couldn't be happier. So great to lock them and not worry about keys. Have a friend show up at he camper or need to go back for something I don't have to give them keys and worry about losing them. For that matter I don't ever carry the keys. They stay in the camper on a key rack all the time for the back gates and storage compartment latches.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I love my keyless entry on my camper. I bought the door locks from rvlock and couldn't be happier. So great to lock them and not worry about keys. Have a friend show up at he camper or need to go back for something I don't have to give them keys and worry about losing them. For that matter I don't ever carry the keys. They stay in the camper on a key rack all the time for the back gates and storage compartment latches.

Agreed. Nice thing about building is you add all that good stuff in as you go. Riding dirt bikes we didn't want to worry about keys.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
What's weird is there aren't that many different keys usually too rv style locks. I'd think manufacturers would check the key numbers before installation. But I guess it probably doesn't bother most people. For me that would be like a two key car.

Lol exactly. Btw, it was u-ship!

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

That's cool, what do they cost and how hard are they to change out? Also, can you change the entry code anytime you like?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Actually there is a "Red" key that is a grand master key to every RV style lock. I've used one on about 50 different RV's from 8 different manufacturers and it opens every single one, the slam latches though there is 6 different master keys for them depending on # series. But none of them lock styles are truly secure.

TriMark Master Key Set - Key Blanks - Motor Home
Trmmkset

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's cool, what do they cost and how hard are they to change out? Also, can you change the entry code anytime you like?

Got ours for about 120 on eBay. It bolted in using existing holes. Once unlocked they can be changed to anything you want. Comes with keys in case batteries go dead but we change batteries every season

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!