Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will as soon as I put them on. ;)

I hope you're doing well dp5 I know you can't always post because of what you do but nice to hear from you.
I need to get mine on soon as well. Trying to find a nice home for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, at this point I could not be happier with my P500 and I'm getting it snorkeld this week. :):p
Tell you what, you run down to Brookhaven Honda and ask for Hank (tell him I sent you) and get a little test ride on the P1K, I'll buy your lunch while you're out, and let me know what you think. Hank's got a little something special for you when you get there. :D

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As much as I'd like to stay on longer, i dont have enough vacation to pull it off. Nor would my job be too excited about the idea of that much time off in our busy season...:(. luckily the journey starts not too far from me so i can tag along at least for a bit.
You're close enough to just turn back and ride back home then whenever you are done. Easy peazy

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made it back and coupled up the P1K to the Osprey right off the bat. Can't really tell its back there. But, I'm afraid the box on the tongue isn't going to work. I can turn plenty sharp, but I can't turn as sharp as the P1K will turn without the tongue box and the bed making contact which would do serious damage to the bed of the P1K!!! Only need to forget about that once and it's too late. So, either I get an extension for the receiver, which may compromise the mechanics/weight distribution/physics of the whole matter?? Or I have to remove the tongue box with a nicely installed battery in it ( :( ) and put it in the bed of the P1K (just for the PROTC) and install a much smaller aluminum tongue box just big enough for the battery and a couple of tools. It's not an option to me to put it on the rear receiver, too much added length and weight behind the axle for my liking. What are y'alls thoughts about a longer receiver???

View attachment 37579 View attachment 37577
You could do a 12-18" extension on that with no problems. And much less work.

advertisement