Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh yeah, stayed the night in it last night on the road. Pulled into a country steak house along Route 66 about 7:00 for dinner, asked the owner if we could stay the night in his parking lot which he kindly obliged, but not before requiring us to sign a impromptu hand written statement releasing him of any liability should anything occur to us during the night, lol. Anyway, had a decent ribeye in a very rustic cowboy joint and drank three Bud Light Platinum's!!! 6%er's, any body had those bad boys. Went outside when we were finished and shared a bottle of red wine and crawled in the Osprey with the windows open as well as the roof vent. Cozy, slept well. Glad I upgraded to the memory foam mattress.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Made it back and coupled up the P1K to the Osprey right off the bat. Can't really tell its back there. But, I'm afraid the box on the tongue isn't going to work. I can turn plenty sharp, but I can't turn as sharp as the P1K will turn without the tongue box and the bed making contact which would do serious damage to the bed of the P1K!!! Only need to forget about that once and it's too late. So, either I get an extension for the receiver, which may compromise the mechanics/weight distribution/physics of the whole matter?? Or I have to remove the tongue box with a nicely installed battery in it ( :( ) and put it in the bed of the P1K (just for the PROTC) and install a much smaller aluminum tongue box just big enough for the battery and a couple of tools. It's not an option to me to put it on the rear receiver, too much added length and weight behind the axle for my liking. What are y'alls thoughts about a longer receiver???

View attachment 37579 View attachment 37577
Maybe trade out for a tounge box like this
Amazon.com: Pit Posse PP3281 Aluminum Trailer Tongue Silver Storage Tool Box Truck UTV Pickup: Automotive

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right, something like that if an extended receiver won't work.
Here's the receiver I use. I pull 12 ft trailer hauling wood with the top receiver quite a bit with no I'll effects. It's a12 inch extension
IMG 20170305 143814285

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh yeah, stayed the night in it last night on the road. Pulled into a country steak house along Route 66 about 7:00 for dinner, asked the owner if we could stay the night in his parking lot which he kindly obliged, but not before requiring us to sign a impromptu hand written statement releasing him of any liability should anything occur to us during the night, lol. Anyway, had a decent ribeye in a very rustic cowboy joint and drank three Bud Light Platinum's!!! 6%er's, any body had those bad boys. Went outside when we were finished and shared a bottle of red wine and crawled in the Osprey with the windows open as well as the roof vent. Cozy, slept well. Glad I upgraded to the memory foam mattress.

I love the Platinum!
Boy that even looks small behind the Pioneer. You have plenty of room everything cosher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I love the Platinum!
Boy that even looks small behind the Pioneer. You have plenty of room everything cosher?

It's a sleeper, that's it! one good size storage cabinet inside. We were comfy, hopefully during PROTC we get a motel for inclement weather, if that's possible. I think mopar is bringing a canopy that may be big enough for both our trailers to fit under???

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's a sleeper, that's it! one good size storage cabinet inside. We were comfy, hopefully during PROTC we get a motel for inclement weather, if that's possible. I think mopar is bringing a canopy that may be big enough for both our trailers to fit under???

That time a year I can almost promise once you hit Montana the weather will be great we don't get surprise rain up here very often. Couldn't tell your past Montana though

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Got it at a local flea market for 25 bucks
:eek: Is that like a swap meet? I don't think I'll find mine there. Does it look homemade, or store bought?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It looks like if you cut the box at the same angle as the front of the trailer you could slide it back about 6" ,would that give you enough for clearance with the sxs ?
That probably would, but I do not posses the metal smithing skills to accomplish that. The extended receiver or the box that Glock posted would have to be the type of route that I take. Good idea though Iowa!!

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
As much as I'd like to stay on longer, i dont have enough vacation to pull it off. Nor would my job be too excited about the idea of that much time off in our busy season...:(. luckily the journey starts not too far from me so i can tag along at least for a bit.
It would have been nice to have another P500 to join me on this supercalifragelistik ride. ;):):D

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys just wanted to let yall know that I went mud riding this past weekend and I got in a mud hole that was a little deeper than I expected and my fuel tank took on about a gallon of water through the gas cap. I'm wandering if any of u have had this happen. And on the P500 where is the fuel filter located.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hi guys just wanted to let yall know that I went mud riding this past weekend and I got in a mud hole that was a little deeper than I expected and my fuel tank took on about a gallon of water through the gas cap. I'm wandering if any of u have had this happen. And on the P500 where is the fuel filter located.
Oops! I don't go mud riding, so I've never experienced that. Although, you shouldn't be taking in water through the gas cap??? are you snorkeled, gas vent and diffs too?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!