Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Because if you do, you need stickers, right?
That would be cool. Ive got a couple ideas in mind. Id like to bring the whole family, but if for some reason that doesnt happen maybe i could bring a big trailer a play clean up along the way if you guys have any trouble twords the end.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That would be cool. Ive got a couple ideas in mind. Id like to bring the whole family, but if for some reason that doesnt happen maybe i could bring a big trailer a play clean up along the way if you guys have any trouble twords the end.
That's a lovely thought, although I sure hope it won't be necessary. Insurance is a good thing. I hope you make it. PM me your address and I'll get stickers to you!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I plan to tag along on the starting side of the journey for a bit. Wife even told me to take time off for a bit if i want to stay along :)

Well then are you staying along??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
As much as I'd like to stay on longer, i dont have enough vacation to pull it off. Nor would my job be too excited about the idea of that much time off in our busy season...:(. luckily the journey starts not too far from me so i can tag along at least for a bit.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
As much as I'd like to stay on longer, i dont have enough vacation to pull it off. Nor would my job be too excited about the idea of that much time off in our busy season...:(. luckily the journey starts not too far from me so i can tag along at least for a bit.
PM me an address to mail you stickers, if you want them.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Went up to my property today to meet the builder and discuss the Adobe and the building site and when I left I hooked up the Osprey and brought it back to town. Stopped by the store and picked up a sheet set, pillows and comforter and then made it up because in the morning I'm headed to Oklahoma with it and I'll be staying the night in it along the way to try it out. Pics tomorrow. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Stopped to get my breakfast kix on Route 66. The Osprey looks insignificant behind that truck don't y'all think? I've given out two American Teardrop cards at truck stops!

IMG 0186

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stopped to get my breakfast kix on Route 66. The Osprey looks insignificant behind that truck don't y'all think? I've given out two American Teardrop cards at truck stops!

View attachment 37470

You could always say "well I didn't get a duramax so I didn't want to overload the gas engine" rofl. I'm kidding monte! Lol.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You could always say "well I didn't get a duramax so I didn't want to overload the gas engine" rofl. I'm kidding monte! Lol.

You're right about the duramax and that gas dog! :D:D

Reactions: moparornocar
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

View attachment 37470
Your a better man than me,I like your camper and love my wife but I don't think I could spend 2 weeks in it with her.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Made it back and coupled up the P1K to the Osprey right off the bat. Can't really tell its back there. But, I'm afraid the box on the tongue isn't going to work. I can turn plenty sharp, but I can't turn as sharp as the P1K will turn without the tongue box and the bed making contact which would do serious damage to the bed of the P1K!!! Only need to forget about that once and it's too late. So, either I get an extension for the receiver, which may compromise the mechanics/weight distribution/physics of the whole matter?? Or I have to remove the tongue box with a nicely installed battery in it ( :( ) and put it in the bed of the P1K (just for the PROTC) and install a much smaller aluminum tongue box just big enough for the battery and a couple of tools. It's not an option to me to put it on the rear receiver, too much added length and weight behind the axle for my liking. What are y'alls thoughts about a longer receiver???

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!