Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that a manufacturers statement of origin, or what. I bought mine in MO, but don't remember what I was issued. Need to get the squaw to pull that paperwork. Also, SD is asking for proof that you paid taxes on it but I didn't. I have a farm exemption. Just emailed Union County to see what they say about that.
If you can get by with the farm exemption, then you're good, otherwise you may have to pay taxes on it to SD. MSO means manufacturers statement of origin, you are correct.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that a manufacturers statement of origin, or what. I bought mine in MO, but don't remember what I was issued. Need to get the squaw to pull that paperwork. Also, SD is asking for proof that you paid taxes on it but I didn't. I have a farm exemption. Just emailed Union County to see what they say about that.

They will just make you pay the tax to them in that case.

I bought my P1000-5 at Southern Honda in Chattanooga, paid no taxes since I live in Florida, and then did all do the paperwork for SD thru the mail. I did have to pay sales tax to SD to complete the registration.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you can get by with the farm exemption, then you're good, otherwise you may have to pay taxes on it to SD. MSO means manufacturers statement of origin, you are correct.
Gotcha. Don't know that I can but they have sent me the 4 part form and when I return them I'll include my exemption and if they accept that fine. If not, I'll pay their taxes. Thanks buddy. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok, the squaw pulled it. Turns out it's an MCO. Now I have what I need. Two docs need notary's which I have at one of my offices. I'll get this ball rolling after the holiday.

Last edited:
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, the squaw pulled it. Turns out it's an MCO. Now I have what I need. Two docs need notory's which I have at one of my offices. I'll get this ball rolling after the holiday.
Thanks for grabbing the lead on this one Monte, takes a little pressure off me to get it done first.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks for grabbing the lead on this one Monte, takes a little pressure off me to get it done first.
No problemo! I know we still have eleven months but this issue is weighing on me. I really want to get it behind me and have that plate in my hands. The license will be good for a year so I want to get it mid to late July. Don't want it expiring during the expedition. ;)

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problemo! I know we still have eleven months but this issue is weighing on me. I really want to get it behind me and have that plate in my hands. The license will be good for a year so I want to get it mid to late July. Don't want it expiring during the expedition. ;)
Might as well continue renewing it, you never know where the next adventure may lead you!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Might as well continue renewing it, you never know where the next adventure may lead you!
Sure, but if I got it today it would expire too close to the conclusion of the expedition or worse, on its last leg. So I'll mail in my paperwork the week after the holiday. Also, in the paperwork that I have been provided by Union County, there's nothing about an on site inspection. They just want a notarized affidavit documenting the individual or service center that installed the required highway legal accessories and their contact info. Apparently if you don't actually have it in working order it's left to LE to ticket and or impound your ride. In any case, there's no advantage to being dishonest with SD on that. And, I agree with the annual renewal idea for sure!

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sure, but if I got it today it would expire too close to the conclusion of the expedition or worse, on its last leg. So I'll mail in my paperwork the week after the holiday. Also, in the paperwork that I have been provided by Union County, there's nothing about an on site inspection. They just want a notarized affidavit documenting the individual or service center that installed the required highway legal accessories and their contact info. Apparently if you don't actually have it in working order it's left to LE to ticket and or impound your ride. In any case, there's no advantage to being dishonest with SD on that. And, I agree with the annual renewal idea for sure!
I paid the sales tax and assessed my rig and got the yellow sticker, that say's I did, to keep out of all the horse s*** you can get into.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!