Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you skinning the box with mopar?
I'll be sanding it and priming it then painting it with rustoleum industrial enamel. It's oil based and thick enough to fill in the wood grain. A couple coats and sanding in between it will look just like fiberglass. The bottom side will be some kind of oil based sealer then undercoating.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
RV if I can find them. House windows are too thick and too heavy
If you don't need "new" windows, check for some smaller conversion van windows from a junkyard. Or topper windows. Same as what is in campers, just uses a clamp ring screwed into the frame from the inside. Super easy to install

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you don't need "new" windows, check for some smaller conversion van windows from a junkyard. Or topper windows. Same as what is in campers, just uses a clamp ring screwed into the frame from the inside. Super easy to install
Good thinking. I've done a few of those. Not a bad idea. I want at least one big enough to be a safety hatch.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mopar I got windows for the bus on eBay and it was under a grand shipped for 10 and they are big double pane. If you really watch they will be cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'll be sanding it and priming it then painting it with rustoleum industrial enamel. It's oil based and thick enough to fill in the wood grain. A couple coats and sanding in between it will look just like fiberglass. The bottom side will be some kind of oil based sealer then undercoating.
And the roof?

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Escape hatch ones might be harder to find..but possibly at a rv salvage you could get one. You should try asking at pleasureland rv in st cloud, i thought you said you were up that way regularly. They might have some laying around too..

Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7605

@Shadesmn ill really suggest staying away from Rv dealers. Everything I tried to buy through them was 5-10 times in price and I bought a lot! It wasn't funny and no selection. If it can't be found on eBay it's being typed in wrong.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 28111

@Shadesmn ill really suggest staying away from Rv dealers. Everything I tried to buy through them was 5-10 times in price and I bought a lot! It wasn't funny and no selection. If it can't be found on eBay it's being typed in wrong.
Wow, that's a great price. Looks like you need to charge your device.

advertisement
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Well, mama talked me into leaving it a box, it's 1 inch shorter than the Pioneer is at its current height, leaving me a little more storage space. I think it's going to shape up nicely. I should have a roof and front/rear on it this week sometime. I need to source windows so I can get them cut in. Let's hear opinions guys

View attachment 28107 View attachment 28108
Seen this and thought of you2r5z145

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
@CumminsPusher, believe you me i know what you mean about rv dealers and price. I was suggesting the possibility of some used or salvage parts. New is ridiculous expensive from them. But if anyone has some repair parts laying around from units they fix or junk, it might be them.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher, believe you me i know what you mean about rv dealers and price. I was suggesting the possibility of some used or salvage parts. New is ridiculous expensive from them. But if anyone has some repair parts laying around from units they fix or junk, it might be them.

Oh that is a good possibility! Sometimes wrecking yards have stuff too. As soon as rv dealers get mentioned I get butt hurt lol. I tried buying local through those places but they want so much it pisses me off. It amazes me people have enough money and don't care just for convenience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Aerodynamic too! Have you come up with a plan?
Still looking in to roof top type camper, trying to keep the weight down as much as possible, when the kids were little we had an Apache fold out camper, instead of canvas they had fold out plastic sides, worked great against wind and rain and now I'm thinking keeping out the critters.

advertisement