Pioneer Ride Of The Century Discussion Thread!!!

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I'm looking at adding a front cargo rack to my P500 for additional cargo space. Will yall be bringing helmets for the trip in case they are riquirments for the national parks?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking at adding a front cargo rack to my P500 for additional cargo space. Will yall be bringing helmets for the trip in case they are riquirments for the national parks?
They are not required on a sxs and therefore I will not be wasting space by bringing one. I think if someone did a camper shell/ cargo box on the back of the p5 that would be cool. @iowaguy that may even give you a platform for your elevated tent?

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
They are not required on a sxs and therefore I will not be wasting space by bringing one. I think if someone did a camper shell/ cargo box on the back of the p5 that would be cool. @iowaguy that may even give you a platform for your elevated tent?
the tent will sit on the rollbar cross members and am planning on enclosing the cargo rack up to it.It will look like a cabover pickup camper when done,maybe.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Here's mine
3xoM7oV

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Met up with @nbomar and @Tigermark for a very cold ride. Fun, but the P5 is probably a little boring for those 1000's they both were riding. But two dedicated to riding men willing to spend 6-7 hours round trip of driving/hauling for 7 hours of riding. Very much appreciated them both and the opportunity to meet up. Watching the P5 and P1K in action side by side gives me some perspective on what things will be like on the Pioneer Ride of the Century!

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Met up with @nbomar and @Tigermark for a very cold ride. Fun, but the P5 is probably a little boring for those 1000's they both were riding. But two dedicated to riding men willing to spend 6-7 hours round trip of driving/hauling for 7 hours of riding. Very much appreciated them both and the opportunity to meet up. Watching the P5 and P1K in action side by side gives me some perspective on what things will be like on the Pioneer Ride of the Century!

Had a good time seeing a new part of the country. The last 10 minutes was fun! "Hondozer!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, what was the verdict then?

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the tent will sit on the rollbar cross members and am planning on enclosing the cargo rack up to it.It will look like a cabover pickup camper when done,maybe.
That will be pretty badass. Any plans for some kind of stabilizer jacks to keep the p5 from rocking around when you are up there?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep, the trail was only wide enough for a p500, @nbomar made a new trail through the woods. !
Dude get this, the old man couldn't find his SxS keys for this mornings ride, looked everywhere and finally decided to go back out to the ONF where we loaded/unloaded and see if they were dropped there in the dark. Sure enough, they were right by where you had parked, but I also found your two way radio!!!! It had been run over and a piece broken off the bottom of the battery, but it still works! Pm me your address and I'll drop it in a padded envelope and shoot it to you tomorrow.

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
By the time this ride gets here I am going to need tires replaced,I am looking at General Grabber AT2,,,27/8.5/14 ,any input on these tires would be appreciated, are3 they legal run in the states we will be going thru ? I had heard street tires aren't allowed in Wis.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dude get this, the old man couldn't find his SxS keys for this mornings ride, looked everywhere and finally decided to go back out to the ONF where we loaded/unloaded and see if they were dropped there in the dark. Sure enough, they were right by where you had parked, but I also found your two way radio!!!! It had been run over and a piece broken off the bottom of the battery, but it still works! Pm me your address and I'll drop it in a padded envelope and shoot it to you tomorrow.
Crap! Didn't realize it was missing. Thanks bud. Pm on the way.

advertisement