P1000 Pioneer Shift fork Springs Vs Talon Springs

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I got my subtrans out and sure enough, the reverse gear is rounded off. Got a small bit of damage to the low as well. looking at this and wondering why it is jumping out. Only the leading edges are rounded off. Once engaged, they SHOULD stay.

The 2 springs on each side of the shifter fork?? Looking at Talon part numbers and the Pioneer and they are different!

All other part numbers in the assembly are the same!

Anyone know what the deal is? Talon using stronger springs for reverse? They are cheap enough, gonna order both and compare.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I got my subtrans out and sure enough, the reverse gear is rounded off. Got a small bit of damage to the low as well. looking at this and wondering why it is jumping out. Only the leading edges are rounded off. Once engaged, they SHOULD stay.

The 2 springs on each side of the shifter fork?? Looking at Talon part numbers and the Pioneer and they are different!

All other part numbers in the assembly are the same!

Anyone know what the deal is? Talon using stronger springs for reverse? They are cheap enough, gonna order both and compare.
I know there is a talon reverse gear upgrade. Might as well do it since you have it out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Typically the rounding on the leading edges of gears is because of shifting while the tranny is still in motion.

Examples of this would be like rocking the rig out of a mud hole etc. Even once will create a lot of damage.

As far as the reverse gear goes that’s one that is pretty well known.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking back , I know when and where it happened....yes it was shifted under throttle...and going in the wrong direction...

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the parts in today. Took awhile.
Comparing the springs. The Talon are stiffer on both sides of the shifter. Only these 2 springs are different between the Talon and Pioneer. The Talon are shorter but stiffer. Compress to roughly same height.

Wonder why the difference....

Talon top, pioneer bottom.

20201026 200851

J

jasonvaldez1935

Jan 11, 2021
cooper city
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After going through is the dct separate from the sub trans if so where do you fill the dct on a pioneer 1000-5

Reactions: TxDoc
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
After going through is the dct separate from the sub trans if so where do you fill the dct on a pioneer 1000-5
The DCT shares oil with the engine but each has a filter - so when you fill/check your engine oil, you're doing the DCT too.

Reactions: TxDoc and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!