Pioneer snorkel

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Looks like the pipe sticks passed the seat on passenger side is it were u can hit your elbow on i took seat belts off of mine so could go behind the seat

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have harnesses so I may end up doing a custom job. Can anyone tell me how many joints and what degree were used? I wonder how much I'll even save since this kit includes the vent hoses?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have harnesses so I may end up doing a custom job. Can anyone tell me how many joints and what degree were used? I wonder how much I'll even save since this kit includes the vent hoses?

No one???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Gelae

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2016
Brandon, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
Finished installing a "Snorkel Your ATV" kit on my P2-700 with a full Honda hard cab. Had to drill twice into the cab with a hole saw but that turned out good. Good instructions--I even painted the stainless hose clamps flat black to make the install less noticeable. Nice complete kit at a reasonable price. I think the engine breathes easier but I have no proof of that. I also replaced the Honda hose clamp that is next to the airbox with a wider 2" stainless clamp as the Honda clamp might be a weak point for the entire intake system. Took it out for a test drive and I think it is a bit faster on throttle response. I am using the intake tip that has a screen in it for now. The other tip provided without the screen might even make throttle response better yet but I will start with the screened version. I also am using the K&N air filter with the pre-filter screen.

Where did you direct the intake tip? Did you go through the top of the Hard Back next to the glass?

Thanks,

H

Hardwaterflyer

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2015
West Central Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. Went through next to the window glass and directed the tip down so rain will not easily get in there. Then used black silicone to seal it up.

Reactions: sharp
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

curious about this as well, what joints and couplings they gave you. also other pictures of how it goes around the seat belt

thanks!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
curious about this as well, what joints and couplings they gave you. also other pictures of how it goes around the seat belt

thanks!
I ended up doing a custom snorkel. I took my factory seat belts out so I didn't have to go around them. What I did was go to Home Depot and purchased some 2" PVC. I then bought several elbows, used what I needed and returned the rest. I also bought a rubber coupling which I used to connect the PVC to where I made the cut on the factory intake.

Reactions: Dragon21
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
anyone recall what size the tubing is for the vent lines?

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
anyone recall what size the tubing is for the vent lines?
Pretty sure I used 7/16 inch rubber vent tube. I also bought the variety pack of connectors at Advanced Auto.

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
You guys have mentioned a few times about "cutting". From what I have read on the Snorkel your ATV web site you should not have to make any cuts. As a matter of fact my biggest concern is voiding my warranty. I just bought a 2017 700 2 deluxe with a 5 year warranty and it even addresses it on their sight by saying "easy bolt on kit that is easily removed for warranty work". I dont want to cut anything!!! If she breaks for any unforseen reason i can jerk the snorkel off, make her back stock and bring it in!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I ended up doing a custom snorkel. I took my factory seat belts out so I didn't have to go around them. What I did was go to Home Depot and purchased some 2" PVC. I then bought several elbows, used what I needed and returned the rest. I also bought a rubber coupling which I used to connect the PVC to where I made the cut on the factory intake.
Any pics @LandPioneer ? I also have 4 point harness's. Im thinking coustim buit snorkel also. Im think i may heat the pipe at the seatbelt area to flatten it a bit. Not sure i like the way all the kits i have seen stuck out in that area.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Any pics @LandPioneer ? I also have 4 point harness's. Im thinking coustim buit snorkel also. Im think i may heat the pipe at the seatbelt area to flatten it a bit. Not sure i like the way all the kits i have seen stuck out in that area.

Not the best picture but you can see the top of it. Let me know and I'll take some more if you'd like.
06e7d7982592da062e78f58b2665f0db

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tramguage1
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the "Snorkel you ATV" on my 700-2. You have to cut the breather box off. Call them and ask them to send you the directions. I'm positive you will have to make a cut.

I like the "Snorkel your ATV" snorkel. However, they sent 30 feet of 1/4" tubing. The differential vents are smaller. I bought some 4mm tubing. Also, I bought a tee and joined the fan vent to the front differential rather than running both of them separate.

D

Dragon3

Jul 2, 2017
Long Beach, MS
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the "Snorkel you ATV" on my 700-2. You have to cut the breather box off. Call them and ask them to send you the directions. I'm positive you will have to make a cut.

I like the "Snorkel your ATV" snorkel. However, they sent 30 feet of 1/4" tubing. The differential vents are smaller. I bought some 4mm tubing. Also, I bought a tee and joined the fan vent to the front differential rather than running both of them separate.
That's a great idea. Thanks for the info!

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Found some more...
Also, I bought a tee and joined the fan vent to the front differential rather than running both of them separate.
Same here... I ended up connecting the diffs and fan to the same tube. I then ran the gas tank separate and put a little filter on both lines.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have purchased this kit from "snorkel your atv"... I have not installed yet as I was waiting till I did my "1st service" at the dealership, but now that that is done, I'm ready to install. I like the looks of the parts and yes the vent tubing is supplied, but you WILL have to buy some reducers for the diff vent tubes as they are a smaller size than the tube supplied, or as I did, buy some "T's" with so you can run multiple lines into one.
My only concern is the one previously mentioned about the tube being in the way on the passenger side. When I do mine I will put it together and make sure I like how it fits and make adjustments or modifications before cutting the OEM intake and/or any seatbelt modifications.
When I do it , I will post pics..

1rooster

1rooster

Jul 18, 2017
Fitzgerald Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 51815 Im gone try and install my snorkel tomorrow, but I did something with my oem intake that I haven't seen yet. I made a cut right behind the third baffle and sanded smooth. Makes it a little easier since all you got to do is connect a 2 inch fernco And go from there. I'll try and post pictures later once the install is compete.

PS: I don't plan on doing any water crossing or creek riding but I do want to get cleaner air to my engine.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you do it this way so you can mount the up tube outside the cab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!