Pioneer track system

W

Walterp928

Dec 12, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those running a track system..

I just put on a set of Camso utv tracks on my Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe. I installed all the parts, per the instructions. The very last part was a steering limiting bracket (see photo).

My question is this...are these necessary? I understand the safety aspect I guess, but at the cost of the steering capabilities? Never having driven a fully tracked vehicle before, i have no comparison. It didnt have a tight turning radius and i understand i will have to adjust driving style.

But if i was on a trail with a 90deg type turn, it seems like id have to "austin powers" it backwards and forwards to get around.

Has anyone experiecned what im talking about? What is the risk/reward benefit if i removed them?

Thanks. First time poster, part time listener

20210301 154419

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I have the same tracks and I always install the limiters . I’m just guessing here but In a tight turn with the tracks on it might put to much stress on steering components especially if you happen to hit something in a turn. I’ve never really had a problem , if the turn is to tight just back up and jockey around. Have you driven it yet with the limiters on and feel they are to restricting? Also you could try calling Camso and see what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TxDoc
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Steering Limiter is to PREVENT the Rear of the Track from Hitting the Frame & DAMAGEING the Track.
Leave Limiters on & adjust ( both right & left ) for maximum turn without hitting frame or skid plate.
Have run tracks on : 2009 RZR -- 2014 Pioneer 700 -- 2018 Pioneer P500.
With a little seat time -- quickly learn -- to plan ahead when in tight areas.
If No Cab dress warm ( flying Snow fills the seat area quick )
You'll like em.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc
W

Walterp928

Dec 12, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same tracks and I always install the limiters . I’m just guessing here but In a tight turn with the tracks on it might put to much stress on steering components especially if you happen to hit something in a turn. I’ve never really had a problem , if the turn is to tight just back up and jockey around. Have you driven it yet with the limiters on and feel they are to restricting? Also you could try calling Camso and see what they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I only drove it for a few minutes, just to make sure it didnt fall apart. It could just be my preception of the difference between wheels vs how the tracks drive.

W

Walterp928

Dec 12, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Steering Limiter is to PREVENT the Rear of the Track from Hitting the Frame & DAMAGEING the Track.
Leave Limiters on & adjust ( both right & left ) for maximum turn without hitting frame or skid plater.
Have run tracks on : 2009 RZR -- 2014 Pioneer 700 -- 2018 Pioneer P500.
With a little seat time -- quickly learn -- to plan ahead when in tight areas.
If No Cab dress warm ( flying Snow fills the seat area quick )
You'll like em.
Awesome. Good to know. Thx

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you happen to know how high and how wide your Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe is with the tracks on?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!