PLASTIDIP

Before and after photos

Image Image Image

Last edited by a moderator:
Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
Ok, So here's a dumb question. The wife and I were talking about changing our color. I was thinking about doing Rhino-Liner type bed liner material on the plastics, she want's glossy and durable. How does Plasti-dip compare to Rhino-Liner to Hydro-Dipping? What made you go wth Plasti-Dip over the others?

Sorry for the basic questions.

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
Ok, So here's a dumb question. The wife and I were talking about changing our color. I was thinking about doing Rhino-Liner type bed liner material on the plastics, she want's glossy and durable. How does Plasti-dip compare to Rhino-Liner to Hydro-Dipping? What made you go wth Plasti-Dip over the others?

Sorry for the basic questions.
Plasti dip is neat because if you don't like it or it gets messed up you can actually peel it off and redo it pretty easy

Reactions: pct
P

PonchoLejeune

Feb 14, 2016
Louisiana
Some bed liner spray goes on very hot from chimical reaction. May melt the plastic.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
wow

Last edited:
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Look into monstaliner if you want a Bedliner diy type coating with lots of color options. Just be prepared to prep the plastic well although this plastic would likely hold paint much better than flexible polywhatever plastic 4 wheelers are made of. This is a foreman was really faded red(pink) and after I finished.

Image Image Image

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
how about duracoat they use for gun finishes

advertisement
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
I have hit multiple trees and rubbed on trailers loading that 4 wheeler still hasn't come off. I'm not sure how tough duracoat would be in comparison to monstaliner 2 part epoxy. Wouldn't hurt to test it though.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I have hit multiple trees and rubbed on trailers loading that 4 wheeler still hasn't come off. I'm not sure how tough duracoat would be in comparison to monstaliner 2 part epoxy. Wouldn't hurt to test it though.
I also don't know but its hell of a good application for guns lol

Asarkozi

Asarkozi

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2018
Oak Harbor, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you take everything off to do it? How has it held up? Want to do mine for hunting season.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
My plasti dip is going strong since winter of 2015. It has some gouges from hardcore branches but it's done better than I expected.

Reactions: chadbo
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
The heavier the coats you put on the better it peels off. when you spray light coats thats when it starts to come of in tiny pieces.

this stuff will make it last longer in the woods. it will bond the surface a little better and make it not so easy for the limbs to grab it.

Dip Coat™ Protective Spray 32 oz

i had the bottom of my truck done with it and pealed it off after it got too dirty to clean. just grab a corner and pull it off like a big sticker.

20170819 131547 20180315 165851

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!