Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Eltobgi you found one of my old threads I've been searching for some of these even with title i still cant find when i search in tapatalk or on website ! It's like after I bought lifetime membership all my old stuff disappeared cause I was on here free for about a year .@Hondasxs

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Freeloader

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Added flex pipe from vent to fan back in the winter moves way more air with it on I think both ways but believe it mad it a little louder

What vent are you talking about? I'm going to cut one in for my fans

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What vent are you talking about? I'm going to cut one in for my fans

This one 14026215d7f4ed589ce976e4812d324f

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Eltobgi you found one of my old threads I've been searching for some of these even with title i still cant find when i search in tapatalk or on website ! It's like after I bought lifetime membership all my old stuff disappeared cause I was on here free for about a year .@Hondasxs

It has nothing to do with you being a lifetime member. I noticed the same issue finding threads when we merged the forum to a new server/database/network or something like that.

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It has nothing to do with you being a lifetime member. I noticed the same issue finding threads when we merged the forum to a new server/database/network or something like that.

Yep same for me. @Hondasxs went and found my threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01 and BWAF
DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's basically what I did. I definitely need a second fan.

I think @CumminsPusher had mounted an 8" radiator style fan at an angle under the passenger seat blowing to the back. I think I'm going to do that before summer.

Nice thing about your set up is you can reverse the wires and blow warm air in when it's cold. That's what I do

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You mention CumminsPusher mounting the radiator fan under the seat. Does anyone know of someone who mounted a radiator fan on the driver/passenger side of the seat as in NOT under the seat?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You mention CumminsPusher mounting the radiator fan under the seat. Does anyone know of someone who mounted a radiator fan on the driver/passenger side of the seat as in NOT under the seat?
..... "as in NOT under the seat?" Are you meaning to installing inside the cab, below where your knee would be, with a hole to allow it to blow back under the seat????

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I dont understand what the benefit of that would be.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont understand what the benefit of that would be.

I am hoping the benefit would be not having to build some type of bracket or figure out how to attach a fan under the seat. I've seen several examples of what other owners have done within this forum under the seat. I realize by placing a 7 or 8" radiator fan on the "outside", I would need to cut an appropriate size hole. That's the reason I am wondering what the benefits are and whether I should try it or not.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am hoping the benefit would be not having to build some type of bracket or figure out how to attach a fan under the seat. I've seen several examples of what other owners have done within this forum under the seat. I realize by placing a 7 or 8" radiator fan on the "outside", I would need to cut an appropriate size hole. That's the reason I am wondering what the benefits are and whether I should try it or not.

I dont see much benefit. The down side is you will have a 8 inch hole in the front of the seat that is constantly letting hot air out. You would have to run the fan nearly all the time to keep the heat away and it will be loud. If you splash through any water you will have steam rolling into the cab.

I used a flat strap of aluminum and mounted 2 bilge fans under the passenger side ofseat. It did not require any welding or special tools. I can get some pictures if you like.

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont see much benefit. The down side is you will have a 8 inch hole in the front of the seat that is constantly letting hot air out. You would have to run the fan nearly all the time to keep the heat away and it will be loud. If you splash through any water you will have steam rolling into the cab.

I used a flat strap of aluminum and mounted 2 bilge fans under the passenger side ofseat. It did not require any welding or special tools. I can get some pictures if you like.

"You would have to run the fan nearly all the time..." OK, that is the insight that I was wanting. With the bilge fan vents, does only limited amounts of heat and steam come back into passenger compartment or do you keep the fans running all the time? Yes, post pics.

Reactions: Lady01 and BWAF
Z06

Z06

Mar 22, 2019
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I did. Wanted to get air from outside of engine compartment with no ducting. Also very easy to mount fan this way. Works fine below 15 or 20 MPH. Above that the air flows from under seat through the fan into cab area even with fan running. Faster you go the higher the flow. Happy with the results because biggest heat issue is when going slow anyway. When I turn it on it can feel cooler air being pulled in cab.

E2D539AC E132 4A4D 9FC7 608FF6E225BC

DanDan

DanDan

Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2018
Greenville, tejas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did. Wanted to get air from outside of engine compartment with no ducting. Also very easy to mount fan this way. Works fine below 15 or 20 MPH. Above that the air flows from under seat through the fan into cab area even with fan running. Faster you go the higher the flow. Happy with the results because biggest heat issue is when going slow anyway. When I turn it on it can feel cooler air being pulled in cab.

View attachment 141211
What inch fan? How loud is it when running?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
"You would have to run the fan nearly all the time..." OK, that is the insight that I was wanting. With the bilge fan vents, does only limited amounts of heat and steam come back into passenger compartment or do you keep the fans running all the time? Yes, post pics.
To answer your question I guess it depends where you're riding. I would think having an 8 inch hole is going to allow a lot of air or steam through. But that's not the end of the story.

So there are a lot of parts at play here. I dont currently have a vent cut in under the seat but I'm in the process of adding them. I just have 2 fans blowing back across the headers to keep the heat moving out.

Factors that affect your results.
Speed you're traveling
Front window -1/2 , 1/4 , full, vented....
Doors on or off
Rear window or mid panel
Fans on or off
Location of fans

All of these things will affect cabin pressure and therefore affect how air is moving into or out of the cabin.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 141211
Not meaning to doubt you, but I would like to understand. Seems the faster you went the more likely air would flow from cab, past fan, into engine compartment if going FORWARD. Can you explain what I am missing?

Reactions: Lady01
Z06

Z06

Mar 22, 2019
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not meaning to doubt you, but I would like to understand. Seems the faster you went the more likely air would flow from cab, past fan, into engine compartment if going FORWARD. Can you explain what I am missing?
The area under seat must have more pressure building up causing air to flow into cab running down the road. Over 20 MPH or so the pressure under the seat over comes the fan blowing back. I would think anyone adding vent holes in bulkhead under seat would experience this. I do have full windshield, roof and hard back panel.

Reactions: Lady01 and BigOL3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!