P1000m5 Project no more butt gravy

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The area under seat must have more pressure building up causing air to flow into cab running down the road. Over 20 MPH or so the pressure under the seat over comes the fan blowing back. I would think anyone adding vent holes in bulkhead under seat would experience this. I do have full windshield, roof and hard back panel.
I suspect removing/opening windshield would help a lot in taking care of that problem.

Reactions: Lady01 and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
BWAF...I hope we haven't veered off your thread too much. I notice you have the small vent. Does hot air/steam come back into the cab thru the smaller vent at different speeds?
You guys are good and not that I have noticed but it is ducted to fan

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Amazon fan
I did. Wanted to get air from outside of engine compartment with no ducting. Also very easy to mount fan this way. Works fine below 15 or 20 MPH. Above that the air flows from under seat through the fan into cab area even with fan running. Faster you go the higher the flow. Happy with the results because biggest heat issue is when going slow anyway. When I turn it on it can feel cooler air being pulled in cab.

I did the same, very happy with the results. My thought is if you just mount fan under seat and don't have a place to pull cooler air from
you are just moving hot air around. I did not notice hot air coming back in the cab. Reversible fro winter.

This fan 1,350 CFM , 3" bilge type fan 100 CFM.

Under seat fan

Last edited:
clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I believe it helped . Rode Northern MN this last week. Temps in the mid 80s. When going slow (30 and under) had the windshield flipped all the way open. There was noticeable heat by your feet with the fan off, turn the fan on and you could feel the cool air being pulled in around your lower legs. When going faster (45 and over) with the windshield cracked open and fan on never got uncomfortable. Wife rode in the middle seat and said it was a big improvement.

At one point we had it filled up with 5 people and I rode in the back. I do not really know if the fan blowing made it hotter in the back seat or not as I have not rode back there much. I can say it was warmer than the front but not uncomfortable.

All in all I think it is a good mod, but mind you the temps were only in the mid 80s. I'm going to look into adding heat shielding for the back seating area also. Maybe even more fans inside the cabin that blow air on your upper body when going really slow.

Wished I had the reverse switch hooked up, one night we went out for a short ride and it was about 55 degrees, could have tested to see how well it would have worked as a heater.

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone noticed a difference in dust accumulation with the fan running? It seems like blowing air out of the cockpit would suck more air/dust into the machine? Here in the desert we've got two problems Heat and Dust......

Reactions: Lady01
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A bilge fan still seems to be the most helpful for the heat issue in the P1. Consensus says one of these doesn't hurt either.

I only have 1 ride with the fan and quick shield installed. I feel like the shield took care of MOST of the heat but not all. The fan then took care of the rest. I installed both at the same time so idk how just the fan is without the shield.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!