P500 Plastic scratches.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Hello. I just bought a 2020 pioneer 500. I noticed scratches all over the hood. Yes during winch install I made more. I understand it's going to get scratched it's an off road machiene however, kinda weird that you barely touch them and it scratches.

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Do not wash the mud off after you ride and you wont notice them. However if they bother you use maguires plastic polish. All of the plastics scratch easily, my Rancher was one giant scratch.

Reactions: Isaiah and BBB
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
character scratches tell a story and slowly dull the shiny color making it more camouflaged to the naked eye. bathe it in the mud of life...

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X4
The plastics are pretty soft. You can wipe some SC1 on them to disguise it a bit...or just dont look at it with direct lighting.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Judicious use of a heat gun will reduce visibility of the little scratches. Don't over do it though.

Yes, a heat gun works very well to reduce the scratches and will even bring back the color of faded plastics. I do not recommend it unless you are prepared to mess up at least one body panel while learning the technique. Fortunately I had an old beater Honda Recon to practice on. It now has a drooping fender, but I will now use it on my P500 when it needs it.

Reactions: Isaiah and Mudder
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I LineX'ed my hood a rear fender, no way it will scratch and cleans up nicely.
That’s cool. In black or red?

Reactions: Isaiah
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
That’s cool. In black or red?
Here is what it looks like, notice the raised portion of the hood is done in black, rear fenders are red also. The LineX adds weight to the P5 but that helps keep it on the ground at high speed.

LineX on Hood

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!