Talon Plastic trim clip removal

O

Oldmxrat

Apr 7, 2019
Reno
Ownership

1. Talon R
While installing accessories I've encountered a number of difficult to remove trim clips, because of their location, where the usual tool just doesn't work. For the ones with the pry slots I've found that a paint can opener is just the ticket. I ground the edge a little sharper and it's super easy to get it in and pry them out, even in hard to reach places.
For the ones with the smaller center and no pry slots, just push in the center and the whole thing comes out easily(found that out the hard way).
I hope this save someone the same kind of frustration I had dealing with these things. Clips1 Clips2 Clips3

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Amazon has a plastic rivet tool for about $5 bucks that do the pull up style. It works great.

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Amazon has a plastic rivet tool for about $5 bucks that do the pull up style. It works great.

Make your own with a cheep slip joint pliers . Take a side grinder and open the pliers and grind a slot on both sides leaving a thin ridge to grip the head and pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
I often use a pair of side cutters, allowing the beveled jaws to slip under the head while *carefully* squeezing them. Prys the fastener up without a problem. Of course you've got to be careful not to cut the head off.... ;)

Steve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!