HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Need help with my visibility. Tired of trying to clean my windshield on the trail.
I use this stuff to clean mine and as long as I remember to clean it with this after a ride , I am nearly dust free .

Blue Ribbon 11070 Plexi-Clean Acrylic and Plastic Cleaner 16 oz.​

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I use pledge or the equivalent, and it doesn't really seem to keep it off. I use it because it helps a shield that's past its prime look fairly new (IE - clear) again for a bit.
Agree , I use pledge on my plastic 3 pc windshield on my Pioneer and it makes a huge difference in clarity . The plexi works great on the Polycarbonate SATV flip on the Talon .

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
without trying to start a pi**ing match, but I tried a boat load of products to clean that were Not supposed to add static to the windshield, but had no luck. Might try RainX for plastic. If you ever go to Glass, you will never go back. I have seen it when I had dust all over windshield & I can bang frame and dust slides down & off. Call also carefully use manual wiper on Glass to brush it without scratching. Nothing worse than heading into bright sun with plastic windshield covered with dust BLIND

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
without trying to start a pi**ing match, but I tried a boat load of products to clean that were Not supposed to add static to the windshield, but had no luck. Might try RainX for plastic. If you ever go to Glass, you will never go back. I have seen it when I had dust all over windshield & I can bang frame and dust slides down & off. Call also carefully use manual wiper on Glass to brush it without scratching. Nothing worse than heading into bright sun with plastic windshield covered with dust BLIND
No pissin BUT . RZR all glass , Pioneer plastic , Talon SATV polycarbonate . I wish had the SATV flip on all of them .

Doogle

Doogle

Nov 30, 2020
Surprise,Az Cincinnati,OH
Ownership

1. Talon R
I sprayed Endust on a rag and wiped it on the half windshield. It seemed to resist the dust much better than without it. But I will need multiple runs to test for sure. I carry a water bottle to spray dust off if it gets to heavy. It needs to be dried before riding again or it will attract dust.

advertisement
Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I’ve got the satv flip up . Only used rain x and micro fiber towel. One year and good as new.

Reactions: rtn001
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I use plexus. On the trail I spray it on and very lightly remove dust with micro fiber, then re-spray and clean again with clean area of micro fiber. The most important whether at home or on the trail, only wipe in up and down motion and very gently until all dirt is off. Never wipe in circular motion it creates swirls of scratches in plexiglass that when driving into the sun will obscure vision. Nothing keeps the dust off plexiglass or real glass, you will have to clean it even if you are in the lead.

Reactions: rtn001
O

OneSXSMan

Dec 31, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Talon R
RainX for plastic didn't work for me. Didn't shed water, mud or dust. Even after applying many times and using microfiber to work it into the plastic. I about ready to get rid of the plastic and go with the lower half front windshield that has the top edge pointing away from the passengers and just ride with motorcycle helmet and or just goggles.

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
RainX for plastic didn't work for me. Didn't shed water, mud or dust. Even after applying many times and using microfiber to work it into the plastic. I about ready to get rid of the plastic and go with the lower half front windshield that has the top edge pointing away from the passengers and just ride with motorcycle helmet and or just goggles.
I went with the Suoer ATV flip up windshield. It has 3 positions closed, vent and fully up. If it’s cold, going through mud or rain, I’ll close it. Also going faster I prefer it in vent. But, I find much of the ride especially if windshield is dusty, I’ll flip it up. The beautiful thing about the S ATV is you can do it all while riding , you don’t have to stop as you do with other folding windshields. Heading towards mud or water, quickly shut the windshield. Slowing down for a rocky steep portion of the trail, flip it up to see better and cool off. Flying down the trail at 50-60 mph, close to vent position for noise and comfort.

9DD49FD3 EDB6 4687 B6E9 42B948FF0636

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!