P700m4 PlastiDip Black Pioneer

I just finished spraying it with PlastiDip.
I personally think it looks really good.

Photo 3 Photo 4 Photo 1 Photo 2

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the Lift is on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432438765523632

Red is temp, powdercoater was on vacation last week and I wanted my lift for Memorial Day.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432438838796240

Real clearance with settled suspension after I dropped it off the Jack.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432438874117245

Unsettled suspension so I can say I have more clearance online and sound cooler. Didn't have a bucket or I would have lifted it up and sat it on the bucket.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432439324141928

Original settled suspension clearance with 2.5" StrongMade lift.

....and the Electronic heater valve is installed.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432438946544448

had to mount it directly under the heater core because I had no space to mount above radiator and be able to get to my fuse block, coolant overflow or master cylinder.

I got too much crap under there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432439026867416

Installed the temp knob in the dash, it seals off the coolant from the heater core REALLY well very little increase in coolant temp in the heater loop. 2-5 degrees over whatever it started at.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-By...555-/201350167503?hash=item2ee167bbcf&vxp=mtr

Is the valve @RunningBear found and originally used.

What's shown in the listing is not quite what you get there's a separate rheostat that I sealed the heck out of with Black RTV and mounted in the dash. The control box is separate and a couple feet down the harness and then the valve itself is the same. I actually like the design they sent me better because I can mount the control knob in more places. A few mins to seal it up was worth the smaller amount of real estate required to install it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've ridden most of the day the last two days. I gotta say the power steering has been well worth the $$$. I'm not tired at all and there were times I forgot it was in 4Lock after going through a deep hole, wish I'd just called SuperATV earlier about the wiring harness.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432596178684727

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432596193934771

The Blackwater Evos are also awesome. Ride SMOOTH on hardpack and grip so well even in the wet stuff. With the lift keeping them out of my floorboards except on hard compression and near full lock, even better.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's great looking ride. I'm sure it performs good too!

I feel some what responsible for your tire choice. They are great tires aren't they? I believe you talked me into the power steering and I'm happy you did.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's great looking ride. I'm sure it performs good too!

I feel some what responsible for your tire choice. They are great tires aren't they? I believe you talked me into the power steering and I'm happy you did.

Thanks man a lot of effort has gone into it.

I was looking at the Blackwaters but you most definitely talked me into them and I'm very glad you did. They work very well for the kind of riding I do. Doesn't matter as much as how they perform but they look good too.

You will very much enjoy the EPS, takes almost all the effort out of steering.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
No mainly liability reasons. If it fails and someone is hurt...
Yeah I totally get that. Everyone's got a lawyer these days. Are there close up pictures of the lift pieces on here? I thought I saw them somewhere. I have the ability to make some I just want a pattern to follow.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I copied the StrongMade Lift and moved the hole 1.25 inches toward the shock.

I only wanted the extra lift because I have so much weight that it squats mine down.

Two downsides to that:

Center of gravity is higher, more prone to roll on steep stuff.

It squats me down so with 28.25" tires and a 2.5" lift I was only seeing the benefits of the lift for ground clearance the 1.5" was lost because of weight.

I ride in rocky and stump strewn areas and constantly beating the skid plate (while durable and protective) jars my kidneys loose everytime.

I wanted the clearance to not high center in ruts and avoid the obstacles.

Last edited:
Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Ya, Dont do Rhino liner. I did my racks one time. Through it made for a good texture it faded over time was more a dark gray when I sold it. Plus it was a *itch to redo.
They make a product called Engine black that I use to detail Harley's and other custom motorcycles that works well to re-blacken engine parts that start to get grey over time. I used it on my trucks bed liner before I sold it and they thought the liner was new.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
hey man how is the plastidip holding up after so long? have the trees pretty well ate it? im gonna do mine this weekend if it is still going good. let me know! thanks boss

Sold it a little over a year ago, saw it pop up on the HondaSxs Facebook page a week or two ago.

Still looks pretty good. You HAVE TO DO several coats to get a good thickness or it will get shredded.

Reactions: moparornocar
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sold it a little over a year ago, saw it pop up on the HondaSxs Facebook page a week or two ago.

Still looks pretty good. You HAVE TO DO several coats to get a good thickness or it will get shredded.

Thanks bro. Will do

Reactions: ohanacreek
Budman

Budman

Feb 12, 2018
Maple Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just found this thread, just in the middle of plastidip going to leave the accents of the hood silver- should be done in a couple hours I'll post some pics

Reactions: ohanacreek
Budman

Budman

Feb 12, 2018
Maple Ridge
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1474
IMG 1475
IMG 1477
Ok so the stripes looked like s***/ I f***ed up masking them off so here's the process- I'll get some better pictures tomorrow morning in the light. I'm thinking about putting a red offset strip down the hood- or maybe try to redo the hood accents in red- think it would look good with the super fancy red coils hehe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!