P700 Please post pics of your post 2017 OEM split windshield

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm fighting with getting the OEM split windshield installed correctly on my 2019 P700. I have the latest instructions (attached).

Does any one single person have one of these that fits correctly? Please post a pic or five. Please note, this the version with wing nuts and metal brackets that have a threaded hole. I've seen many prior versions on utube etc.

Is the lip of the lower portion designed to face inwards or outwards?
( based on weather stripping, its designed to go outwards)
I stole this pic from another site, but it shows the adjuster "banana" which is hitting the lower windshield portion when it's retracted, not allowing full closure.
I must have something installed wrong because this can't be correct.

I pulled off and reversed the weather stripping so the lower portion lip faces out, which took up some of the gap but leaves a large gap on the sides. (Pics to come soon)

I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a known problem. I've been to three dealerships when I was shopping and not a single one had this windshield installed on a floor model, nor did they have it in stock. That should have been a clue. Hopefully I just have it installed wrong.
If no solution is found, I may ask the dealership to help me. They offered to install the roof and windshield @$172. Neither were in stock and I wanted to take the machine with me (borrowed trailer) so I chose to install myself. I think that was a mistake. (Trailering home may have been an issue?)
Ws 1 480x640 1

Attachments

• 0SR72-HL3-A00.pdf
    853.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
My buddy has one on his. But its different design his actually cups each other. That one looks like the adjuster is backwards maybe. Cant tell from how close it is. The windsheild itself looks facing the right direction though

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!