ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About as close as I can get to the way mine is set up and I’ve got under 20 in a 5 seater.Add another $4k to the popo for skids, tires, a second winch, exhaust, and it still only seats 3. Add $2k for a 5seat “adjustment”. I would just buy a 4door Jeep for $34k.

AC isn’t a $14k concern for me.

8c6a7c76c8d6b86d5a1e549d19949ba8

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Maybe I should head out to the wrecking yard and pull 100$ bucks of equipment to stay up with the Joneses, wouldn't be that tough lol.
It amazes me all the s*** a manufacturer adds for sales, these things are getting far too complicated for off road use. Keep It Simple Stupid. I don't mind adding items but nothing I add needs to be plugged into the dealer for diagnostics!

Last edited:
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
About as close as I can get to the way mine is set up and I’ve got under 20 in a 5 seater.Add another $4k to the popo for skids, tires, a second winch, exhaust, and it still only seats 3. Add $2k for a 5seat “adjustment”. I would just buy a 4door Jeep for $34k.

AC isn’t a $14k concern for me.

View attachment 59105
For 23,999 it has full cab air and heat about same as the Can Am Defender w/o air

Reactions: Plumber32
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I should head out to the wrecking yard and pull 100$ bucks of equipment to stay up with the Joneses, wouldn't be that tough lol.
It amazes me all the s*** a manufacturer adds for sales, these things are getting far too complicated for off road use. Keep It Simple Stupid. I don't mind adding items but nothing I add needs to be plugged into the dealer for diagnostics!

Don't get me wrong I am not a Polaris fan at all. Just posted for FYI and how fast Polaris advances and how slow Honda is. Bet it is 5 to 10 years before Honda offers a package like the North Star.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don't get me wrong I am not a Polaris fan at all. Just posted for FYI and how fast Polaris advances and how slow Honda is. Bet it is 5 to 10 years before Honda offers a package like the North Star.
You know I get it sometimes that everything progresses but the original idea of a sxs is to get out and see nature or do some work around the house. If people want to add more they can but slowly the minority is controlling the majority into purchasing a 35,000 sxs. It's insane to me! The more s*** one comes with the more it'll strand someone and require costly repairs at dealer only.
If there's anything Honda needs to learn from this is figure out a real enclosure for next generation Pioneers they are way behind everyone

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For 23,999 it has full cab air and heat about same as the Can Am Defender w/o air

Brand isn't the concern, price is my dislike here.

If it were a reasonable difference maybe $1500-2000 that'd be one thing but its not.
Apples to Apples is what I am comparing, thats BASE for that model, but like I said with all the Honda parts I have installed(or sitting in boxes waiting on enough free time to install them), accessories I have installed, I have more than comes with that and just to get that where mine is, is 28.5 PLUS another $4k so $32,500 for a 3seater. While I'm still under $20k, I don't care Popo or CanAm its still @13k MORE for a 3seater with AC, add the additional cost and markup for a crew and I'll wager it'll be nearing the $40k mark, so its basically DOUBLE the Pioneer without AC, and the only REAL difference is the AC. If I was going to spend $40k for an offload machine to get AC I would buy a Jeep.

That is a lot of want and not very much real need for AC at even 10k for the add. You could very literally buy a second machine for the cost difference.
If you want to pay that much go right ahead, remember the old saying. "Theres a sucker born every minute"

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If it were a reasonable difference maybe $1500-2000 that'd be one thing but its not.
Apples to Apples is what I am comparing, thats BASE for that model, but like I said with all the Honda parts I have installed(or sitting in boxes waiting on enough free time to install them), accessories I have installed, I have more than comes with that and just to get that where mine is, is 28.5 PLUS another $4k so $32,500 for a 3seater. While I'm still under $20k, I don't care Popo or CanAm its still @13k MORE for a 3seater with AC, add the additional cost and markup for a crew and I'll wager it'll be nearing the $40k mark, so its basically DOUBLE the Pioneer without AC, and the only REAL difference is the AC. If I was going to spend $40k for an offload machine to get AC I would buy a Jeep.

That is a lot of want and not very much real need for AC at even 10k for the add. You could very literally buy a second machine for the cost difference.
If you want to pay that much go right ahead, remember the old saying. "Theres a sucker born every minute"

Not trying to argue but the North Star base model includes features below for $23,999 crew is $25,999

• Heating and Air-Conditioning System
  • Defrost
  • Lock & Ride® Premium Pro-fit Cab
  • Fixed Glass Windshield with Wiper
  • Rear Glass Panel
  • Dome Light
  • Standard Rearview Mirror

Last edited:
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

But Jeeps aint no fun. I went through that same conversation with myself. I could get a lifted used Jeep for 13k thats easier to work on than these machines , but , they are not as much fun to ride. Jeeps are slow rock climbing donkey

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But Jeeps aint no fun. I went through that same conversation with myself. I could get a lifted used Jeep for 13k thats easier to work on than these machines , but , they are not as much fun to ride. Jeeps are slow rock climbing donkey

Too big to use around our property and not as much fun off-road , but for $40k if my intent was AC I’d have a Jeep

Reactions: CumminsPusher
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
This has been around for at least a year or two now...

I can see people who need this to work the fences in a Montana winter or a Phoenix summer...but at what point does it end?

(HINT:Its NOT cruise control Multi - This is what the SxS world needs (ROLLEYES!) )

Hell...i hate even running a 1/2 shield. Mud, dust, cows***...its all part of the experience, but by the time you turn a Ranger into a tiny jeep (or Samurai, if you like), you've lost part of what makes a SxS and a jeep two different experiences that are not interchangeable.

Last edited:
Reactions: moparornocar
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Too big to use around our property and not as much fun off-road , but for $40k if my intent was AC I’d have a Jeep
Assumption maybe but I'd guess most that "need" a/c could get anywhere they need without so much as a scratch to a Jeep.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like the idea of a closed in cab that’s actually weatherproof and looks like it belongs. The heat would be beneficial for those of us that live above the mason Dixon line. Idk, I’d probably still buy an a/c model because driving the Honda around is more fun than my vehicles anyway

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Just asking is north star to be used if you break down or in a accident ?

North Star (as in the star in the night sky) is named Polaris or Alpha Ursae Minoris.
I'm guessing Alpha Ursae Minoris doesn't fit on the tail gate so it didn't get used.

I also have a youtube channel 'fun with navel gazing'.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow.... I knew that but didn’t put two and three together to get four.

Sooooooo it’s the Polaris “Polaris” Edition? That’s twice the Polaris. Is it made of magnesium?

Reactions: nbomar and joeymt33
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not a bad deal at all considering its competition.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Not trying to argue but the North Star base model includes features below for $23,999 crew is $25,999

• Heating and Air-Conditioning System
  • Defrost
  • Lock & Ride® Premium Pro-fit Cab
  • Fixed Glass Windshield with Wiper
  • Rear Glass Panel
  • Dome Light
  • Standard Rearview Mirror

These utv's are way over priced! I paid $24k for a new '12 GMC Sierra Z-71. Heat, air, domelight, two wipers...;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!