BOX1

P500 Poll- P500 trouble costs (not maintenance/accident)

P500 Trouble Repair Cost total, (not maintenance )

• $0

Votes: 99 83.9%
  • <$50

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • <$100

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • <$250

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • <$400

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • <$700

• <$1000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than $1000

• Total voters
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Still subject to operator errors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3 yrs.....one crash...
alot of close calls
....no injuries
except hurt pride...
get up..dust yourself off....
get back on the...steel
horse & ride some more....

Reactions: R-Lamm
R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
3 yrs.....one crash...
alot of close calls
....no injuries
except hurt pride...
get up..dust yourself off....
get back on the...steel
horse & ride some more....
Ah...you know I am just messing! That still amazes all the mess that ended up on your machine with that one rock! Crazy!

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ah...you know I am just messing! That still amazes all the mess that ended up on your machine with that one rock! Crazy!
It's all good...
sh-t happens...
I'm rollin..
Top of tire..still tipped out
...a little..think it's caused by
steering rack...stop is broke..

A

Ahanson

Dec 31, 2015
Thought this Poll might be helpful for Manufacturing dependability or defects questions. Don’t include routine maintenance or accident/abuse repair cost. If you had a significant cost, the model year would be good to know, as well a type of issue, (engine, transmission, electrical, etc). 2017, no problems.

12/3/17... There are 895 forum members listed with P500s. (Thanks @Hondasxs)

I have a 2015, sanded the engine and trannie, 4000.00 to rebuild. 1000 miles. Lots of dust in eastern oregon. I snorkeled the air intake, ran the intake tubes up behind my head. Put a uni filter sock on each snorkel tube, they work as a pre filter. Dual uni filter in the air box. The stock air intake is right above the drivers rear fender and has to be the poorest intake placement ever seen. My friends 700’s have a similar set up. The 1000’s have the intake up front under the hood, like my buddies Yamaha, where it should be. I built the snorkel out of 2” pvc from the box behind the drivers seat and went up with two 1 1/2 pvc pipes. If you are running in a high dust areas, snorkel your 500 or 700, or pay the piper!

Reactions: JWB
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2015, sanded the engine and trannie, 4000.00 to rebuild. 1000 miles. Lots of dust in eastern oregon. I snorkeled the air intake, ran the intake tubes up behind my head. Put a uni filter sock on each snorkel tube, they work as a pre filter. Dual uni filter in the air box. The stock air intake is right above the drivers rear fender and has to be the poorest intake placement ever seen. My friends 700’s have a similar set up. The 1000’s have the intake up front under the hood, like my buddies Yamaha, where it should be. I built the snorkel out of 2” pvc from the box behind the drivers seat and went up with two 1 1/2 pvc pipes. If you are running in a high dust areas, snorkel your 500 or 700, or pay the piper!

I'm in dusty New Mexico...
2015...stock...intake...
no problems...I keep oil &
Air filters..cleaned..often
...real dusty..air filter
should be cleaned...every
10 hrs...of riding

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Pics or it didn't happen...

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Been riding a Honda since 1987. I don't think I have spent $1.00 on any of them for repairs. I have replaced a few batteries, brakes and a couple cv boots but that's all maintenance in my opinion.

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Thought this Poll might be helpful for Manufacturing dependability or defects questions. Don’t include routine maintenance or accident/abuse repair cost. If you had a significant cost, the model year would be good to know, as well a type of issue, (engine, transmission, electrical, etc). 2017, no problems.

12/3/17... There are 895 forum members listed with P500s. (Thanks @Hondasxs)
Haven't been on in a while. Life is busy right now. Good question though. I have a 2015. I have not had to have anything repaired. Although, with around 20 miles on it, one of the coolant lines slipped off. Got to looking and it never had been clamped. Put a couple of zip ties on it and filled it full of creek water till I could get it back to camp and flush it and clamp it. I am sure this was quality control issues during assemble. Some times the brake pedal goes to the floor, I can pressure wash the underside and the trouble goes away. I have not been able to determine what is going on. I assume something is being pinched off somewhere. I was getting stuck a lot till I put some 26's on it. The 24's were pathetic. Also, water got deep fast on me and drowned it. Winched it out, drained the air box, started right up. Ran rough till I could get rid of water in fuel tank. Went home and snorkeled it. I really think the fuel tank breather line should have been placed a bit higher. All in all, I love this little machine. Goes anywhere I need to go and has been extremely helpful to me both hunting and on my place. One of the most important factors to consider when buying an off road vehicle, do you want it to start every time? Buy a Honda!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Haven't been on in a while. Life is busy right now. Good question though. I have a 2015. I have not had to have anything repaired. Although, with around 20 miles on it, one of the coolant lines slipped off. Got to looking and it never had been clamped. Put a couple of zip ties on it and filled it full of creek water till I could get it back to camp and flush it and clamp it. I am sure this was quality control issues during assemble. Some times the brake pedal goes to the floor, I can pressure wash the underside and the trouble goes away. I have not been able to determine what is going on. I assume something is being pinched off somewhere. I was getting stuck a lot till I put some 26's on it. The 24's were pathetic. Also, water got deep fast on me and drowned it. Winched it out, drained the air box, started right up. Ran rough till I could get rid of water in fuel tank. Went home and snorkeled it. I really think the fuel tank breather line should have been placed a bit higher. All in all, I love this little machine. Goes anywhere I need to go and has been extremely helpful to me both hunting and on my place. One of the most important factors to consider when buying an off road vehicle, do you want it to start every time? Buy a Honda!

Kinda wondered where you went. Glad to see you back on and that all is well.

Reactions: cthack and rocmar
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Some times the brake pedal goes to the floor, I can pressure wash the underside and the trouble goes away. I have not been able to determine what is going on. I assume something is being pinched off somewhere.

Just a stab in the dark but this often has to do with A-arm guards that hit the brake caliper when the suspension is fully extended/turn. It pushes the piston all the way in and you have to pump the brakes to get the piston back out to push on the brake pads. It usually happens super randomly so its hard to figure out.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think that dude's vote should be eliminated. It clearly states 'not accident related' and drowning the engine in water or sand is clearly negligence on the operator. That engine had to be acting up before he killed it too and that falls under operator error as well. It sways the poll percentage and that's BS! An interesting poll would be how much have you put into your P5 in accessories or mods...then we'll see some dollar signs!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I think that dude's vote should be eliminated. It clearly states 'not accident related' and drowning the engine in water or sand is clearly negligence on the operator. That engine had to be acting up before he killed it too and that falls under operator error as well. It sways the poll percentage and that's BS! An interesting poll would be how much have you put into your P5 in accessories or mods...then we'll see some dollar signs!
I agree....
I didn't add my crash....in either polls
...my Bad..my Fault...
Don't have a problem...speaking
The Truth...
(A`-Koo-De-A` !)

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
(A`-KOO-DE-A`) French for "To Listen"
....in Banu via pidgin " The Truth will be Spoken"
Just to explain...
Got some Long time friend..
In Reggie Band...who Talk & Sing
about it...in there Music

cthack

cthack

Aug 17, 2015
Texarkana, Arkansas
Just a stab in the dark but this often has to do with A-arm guards that hit the brake caliper when the suspension is fully extended/turn. It pushes the piston all the way in and you have to pump the brakes to get the piston back out to push on the brake pads. It usually happens super randomly so its hard to figure out.
Thanks! I will look at that next time I experience the brake issue.

Pawnman87

Pawnman87

Oct 4, 2015
Murfreesboro, Ar
Ownership

1. 500
These little machines are tanks! Almost no troubles at all! At first the only ongoing problem i had was gear position sensors not sure if it was bad parts but i went through 4 of those little dudes before i got one that seemed to work correctly! At $60-$70 a pop it added up fast other than that i had a wire rub bare on the back side of the motor that gave me fits but thankfully i got the extended warranty on mine so that didnt cost me anything but time and gas to drop off and pick up. Aside from those pesky issues the machine never left me stranded! May have rode 10 miles home in 1st gear but it got me home!! Love this machine and wouldnt trade it for anything!

P

PioneerPapaw

Oct 6, 2017
N. Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
2017.....108miles...headed to dealer for 1st service...NO PROBLEMAS!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!