P500 Poll- P500 trouble costs (not maintenance/accident)

P500 Trouble Repair Cost total, (not maintenance )

• $0

Votes: 99 83.9%
  • <$50

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • <$100

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • <$250

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • <$400

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • <$700

• <$1000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than $1000

• Total voters
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
3400 some miles. Just replaced starter. Other than that, maintenance. Had a leak fixed under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder and trigger
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Bought used 2017 400km a month ago had to replace right rear drive shaft..Was under warranty...there suppose to replace front right head light leaking dirt inside...Again under warranty.Pulls to left slightly and steering off a bit there suppose to fix that also..
other then that great little rig..

Reactions: rtn001 and 500oneer
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Haven't been on in a while. Life is busy right now. Good question though. I have a 2015. I have not had to have anything repaired. Although, with around 20 miles on it, one of the coolant lines slipped off. Got to looking and it never had been clamped. Put a couple of zip ties on it and filled it full of creek water till I could get it back to camp and flush it and clamp it. I am sure this was quality control issues during assemble. Some times the brake pedal goes to the floor, I can pressure wash the underside and the trouble goes away. I have not been able to determine what is going on. I assume something is being pinched off somewhere. I was getting stuck a lot till I put some 26's on it. The 24's were pathetic. Also, water got deep fast on me and drowned it. Winched it out, drained the air box, started right up. Ran rough till I could get rid of water in fuel tank. Went home and snorkeled it. I really think the fuel tank breather line should have been placed a bit higher. All in all, I love this little machine. Goes anywhere I need to go and has been extremely helpful to me both hunting and on my place. One of the most important factors to consider when buying an off road vehicle, do you want it to start every time? Buy a Honda!
Hey neighbor, New Boston Tx. here!

Reactions: rtn001
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
What size of plow do you use with the p-500 and where did you get it?

I use KFI winch mount, (with Superwinch 45S) and 66” KFI plough and assembly. Super tough, not a toy as I had though. Great product made in North America. Ordered locally (list of dealers on KFI website) as the (KFI) has a dealership network in Canada, I think in USA you can order direct from factory.

Reactions: rtn001 and trigger
D

Dadwith12

Apr 24, 2019
Lloydminster, SK
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use KFI winch mount, (with Superwinch 45S) and 66” KFI plough and assembly. Super tough, not a toy as I had though. Great product made in North America. Ordered locally (list of dealers on KFI website) as the (KFI) has a dealership network in Canada, I think in USA you can order direct from factory.

D

Dadwith12

Apr 24, 2019
Lloydminster, SK
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for getting back to me. That is a big snow plow for a 50" wide sxs. You must be working in that good cold dry light western snow. As it turns out I'll need a different set-up. I just paid for a brand new shiny (or not so shiny--it is camouflage) 2017 Pioneer 700-4 deluxe. It would have been very difficult to include 17 grandkids with the sole extra seat that is in the p500. Already took 4 of them for a trail ride. They loved it. So did one of my grown daughters. The last time she was in a side-by-side almost a decade ago (as a passenger) it caught a rut and flipped. Since she was mildly hurt she never got to drive She enjoyed the ride this time! We'll have to get her behind the wheel.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for getting back to me. That is a big snow plow for a 50" wide sxs. You must be working in that good cold dry light western snow. As it turns out I'll need a different set-up. I just paid for a brand new shiny (or not so shiny--it is camouflage) 2017 Pioneer 700-4 deluxe. It would have been very difficult to include 17 grandkids with the sole extra seat that is in the p500. Already took 4 of them for a trail ride. They loved it. So did one of my grown daughters. The last time she was in a side-by-side almost a decade ago (as a passenger) it caught a rut and flipped. Since she was mildly hurt she never got to drive She enjoyed the ride this time! We'll have to get her behind the wheel.

700-4 is a nice machine for sure, buddy of mine has one and his is a grandchild hauler too..loves it. KFI makes a 72” width plough as well that might suit your needs. I was really surprised at how well the P5 moves snow with the 66” blade, angled it just covers the wheel width. Thought it would be on the toy side of the spectrum but it’s not and I don’t run chains, with them (chains) I’d be afraid I’d wreck something.
Cheers,
jrc

D

Dadwith12

Apr 24, 2019
Lloydminster, SK
Ownership

1. 700-4
700-4 is a nice machine for sure, buddy of mine has one and his is a grandchild hauler too..loves it. KFI makes a 72” width plough as well that might suit your needs. I was really surprised at how well the P5 moves snow with the 66” blade, angled it just covers the wheel width. Thought it would be on the toy side of the spectrum but it’s not and I don’t run chains, with them (chains) I’d be afraid I’d wreck something.
Cheers,
jrc
Cheers,
jrc
I certainly don't look down my nose at the p500. From what I've studied it has better low gearing than the three gears on the 700 and a power-to-weight ratio that is as good or better than it. It is also more nimble in the tight spots. It just isn't as good at sharing a good time with as many people. Today a son-in-law put the front locker on and drove it through the flooded part of a fallow field. You should have seen the smile on his face as he said, "That was nothing!" You bet; "I'm your huckleberry."

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
OK, first post on this forum: I have a 2018 that I bought from a friend 3 weeks ago after he took deliver of his new Talon X. So I have known the machine since new. It was driven a few week-ends by his wife, then for 4 days in South Dakota by 2 teen-age girls, then one week-end by him for 2 days of Michigan ORV trails. This past Sunday was my first extended time behind the wheel for a 90 mile ride. Nothing has broke, leaked or torn so far on it. Only complaint is the gas guage does not seem to be accurate once it gets below a half tank. Have not looked into it yet. No expense so far other than the purchase and buying a new set of 26" tires.

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Only complaint is the gas guage does not seem to be accurate once it gets below a half tank.
My gas gauge has never been accurate. It takes forever to fall below Full but once it reaches mid way it drops quickly. Just remember that "E" does not stand for EXCELLENT

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My gas gauge has never been accurate. It takes forever to fall below Full but once it reaches mid way it drops quickly. Just remember that "E" does not stand for EXCELLENT

The gas gauge is like a Chevy, stays on full forever then drops like a rock. Don't forget that when it starts flashing empty you still have a gallon and that can take you a long way in this machine. ;)

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, about 8 miles in to the return trip, 2 of the indicators disappeared, so there was only the one left. From the tank being filled at the start of the ride, it only used 2 of the segments to the half-way point (approx. 43 miles). So going through almost as much fuel in 8 miles did not make sense. So additional travel to get to the closest fuel station was plotted and when we get there I barely get 2.4 gallons into the tank! Like I said, my first ride with it, so learning curve. Thanks for the info though, now I know its not a problem but a characteristic of the machine. Better to start using the trip meter.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
First repair, voltage regulator. Seeing a few other P500 issues popping up.

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
No lights but winch, power steering, small ham radio and music radio w/o amp. Had been idling in upper 90 heat for a few hours for a few days while doing chores, and aux radiator fan running alot. Just cleaned all positive and ground/frame contacts in the system as a precaution.

Reactions: 70Bones
lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
FE77126B C7D0 407D 9430 2BE4C4055091
I just had to replace the starter at about 3000 miles ( That's on the road miles ) Mine seems to be doing real well other wise !!!

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Original 2015.

My starter just went out at 850 miles, $285 OEM from Honda in Denver. The magnets in the starter broke up.

Just took it for a week-long Colorado trip. Now I have a clunking noise somewhere around where the rear driveshaft goes into the rear diff

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!