Portable propane grill

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking for a recommendation for a portable propane grill to pack in my pioneer. Looking for something durable enough to ride in a storage box and large enough to cook 3-4 hamburger patties at a time on the trail.

Anyone use one like this?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had one like the last two mentioned, but gave it away due to never using it. This was before i bought the pioneer. Wish i had kept it.

I like the Webber q1000, not sure I want to spend that much $.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
We had one of the small Weber Go-Anywhere Grills for years. Was a decent little grill but on the small size.

Reactions: sharp
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
6a53105a9a62575f1ac10f8cc6c76428

From Saturday. It’s a charbroil infrared portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
Yankee

Yankee

Apr 29, 2016
Tennessee
I'm looking for a recommendation for a portable propane grill to pack in my pioneer. Looking for something durable enough to ride in a storage box and large enough to cook 3-4 hamburger patties at a time on the trail. One on the left is charcoal and found at the dollar store but one on the right is propane. Runs on those small green bottles so it's compact and u can find them at Lowe's pretty reasonable. Hard to beat some good grub while ur riding

KIMG0372

Reactions: sharp
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a little weber q I use. I upgraded to a larger genesis for our camp. So the little q is a leftover and paid for.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
We have the same one as Yankee. You can put one bottle of propane inside the the grill and put the lid on it. We use it during the summer months creek riding. It works well as long as you can find decently level ground. Wieners roll off and who likes a dirty wiener. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Yankee and nbomar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: GlockMeister
O

oldgasser

Feb 26, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking for a recommendation for a portable propane grill to pack in my pioneer. Looking for something durable enough to ride in a storage box and large enough to cook 3-4 hamburger patties at a time on the trail.

As a propane dealer for more than 30 years I have learned that portable gas grills, like most useful things, fall into the category of "you get what you pay for". That said, in my opinion you can't go wrong with one of theses: Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Gas Grill. They are well built, do not flare, cook with the lid closed and do not require rocks or other loose media. Walmart advertises it for about $95. This is one that will last for years. Only downside is it weighs about 20 lbs.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!